Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I was told by a contractor that the Duraflame heaters can substantially increase your natural Gas bill.  It is a giant pass from me. Don't like the look of them either just another bulky item that takes up space.

You plug them into the wall!  Perhaps your electric rates go up if you use them a lot...there is no way your gas bill would be affected 

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I was told by a contractor that the Duraflame heaters can substantially increase your natural Gas bill.  It is a giant pass from me. Don't like the look of them either just another bulky item that takes up space.

You may want to get a new contractor because Duraflame heaters are electric, not gas. How in the world would they increase your natural gas bill?

Honored Contributor

For me to use this kind of electric heater is not an economical way to heat my home. Electricity rates around here far surpass the natural gas rates and most people who live in a house here that rely on electricity to heat their homes complain about how high their heating bills are. Natural gas for our area is BY FAR the cheapest way to heat our homes, not electricity. I own a couple of electric heaters as emergency back-ups and one winter I used one of them to supplement heating my home to see what, if any effect it would have on my gas bill. Turned out the amount I saved in my gas bill was over shot by the terribly high increase in my electric bill. Not a good thing and I will never do that again. Let's just say I did it to see for myself if I could save money heating my house with an electric space heater and it did not. I paid more in utility cost  to heat my house during that winter when I used my electric heater.

Honored Contributor

If the Duraflame is electric, it, like most space heaters, will cause your electric bill to spike if you use it a lot.  Your gas bill would be unaffected.  I'd rather be cold.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Big Duraflame fan here!

I have 9 of them, although we don't use them all at one time.

We are all electric and don't have the availability of natural gas where we live. Propane is available, but we have no furnace or duct work in the house, so putting that in would be so expensive.

I figured because we have baseboard heat, with a thermostat in each room, these would be useless to us, but we were gifted one. 

Fell in love immediately. 

We have a couple of spaces in our home that have no heaters (laundry room and basement). These are great for those areas when I want some heat. 

They are great for really cold spells. When it get wind chills well below zero, I don't like to have my baseboard units working so hard to keep things warm, and one of these on each floor really supplements the warmth.

The ambiance of the lantern ones, and the stove looking ones are a nice addition to my decor as well. 

Glad to hear there is a QVC2 Big deal coming up with these, and I'm anxious to see what it will be. 

Occasional Contributor

I did a search on Duraflame and this TSV came up...

V35009

Duraflame Infragen Stove Heater

$149 with 6 Easy Pays