Trusted Contributor

Re: Clarks TSV 7/20

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

They are not ugly to people who want, like and need loafers.  They look comfy.

OMGosh-thank you!

Honored Contributor

@buyornot wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

OMGosh-thank you!  Why do you have to call something "ugly" just because you don't prefer them-how do you think that makes people feel who ordered them?

They should feel happy that they found shoes that they like. I think they are ugly and that is my opinion. Why you would care what a stranger thinks of your purchase astounds me. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@buyornot wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

OMGosh-thank you!  Why do you have to call something "ugly" just because you don't prefer them-how do you think that makes people feel who ordered them?

They should feel happy that they found shoes that they like. I think they are ugly and that is my opinion. Why you would care what a stranger thinks of your purchase astounds me. 

You're right-I don't. I do not prefer them for myself either.

Trusted Contributor
I haven’t seen the TSV, but a fabric shoe does stretch over all the bumps older feet have. I can no longer wear a stiff leather shoe. Still want cute style though!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was both dismayed and then relieved to see these. No chance that these could tempt me! I don’t think I have ever been a fan of loafers, not even as a kid. The heels are always too wide for me, too.

Now, if they made these into mules and added a nice two inch heel, then offered some unusual colors... Well, that would tempt me.

But I have purchased plenty of shoes lately so I’m not going without! lol

Trusted Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

I was both dismayed and then relieved to see these. No chance that these could tempt me! I don’t think I have ever been a fan of loafers, not even as a kid. The heels are always too wide for me, too.

Now, if they made these into mules and added a nice two inch heel, then offered some unusual colors... Well, that would tempt me.

@willdob3  I could use some comfortable shoes, but I would've liked that Linvale kitten heel they presented offered as a TSV instead. I have some Zappos gift cards that I need to use, so I'll check them out. I also hate the try-on fee with QVC, which is especially possible for shoes. 

Honored Contributor

@pinkmochi wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@willdob3  I could use some comfortable shoes, but I would've liked that Linvale kitten heel they presented offered as a TSV instead. I have some Zappos gift cards that I need to use, so I'll check them out. I also hate the try-on fee with QVC, which is especially possible for shoes. 

@pinkmochi 

I saw those kitten heel ones and almost fell over! I had no idea they had good shoes like that! They would make sense as a TSV.

I suspect I’ll start shopping at Zappos soon. Even my boss orders from them. I’ve noticed very large Zappos boxes for him at the front desk. 

Honored Contributor

I know there are people who swear by Clark's, but I think the brand, sizing wise is inconsistent. I stopped buying because I had to return too much do to sizing issues. The TSV is not my style and I prefer leather uppers in a loafer.

Regular Contributor

Ugly, Ugly, Ugly!

Frequent Contributor

I have owned several dozen pairs of Clarks over the years. In the last five years, I’ve bought substantially fewer pair of Clarks  (a good thing, according to DH Smiley LOL .) Main reason for the cutback: the increase in “textile upper” shoes. I know it’s probably a cost thing but my feet are happier in leather, even if they’re pricier. Clarks company reps: please let your corporate decision makers know that cheaper isn’t better! Quality matters!!