Respected Contributor

I know this has been discussed before.  I am watching Mary Beth with Temp-tations right now.  She mentioned she wished she could eat what she was presenting.  Now, if they can't eat what is on the set because of the virus, why can they touch it????  If they touch the item then no one can eat it or touch it after.  If someone has given an answer to this already please don't bash me, because I haven't seen the answer.  

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle   You're going to hate yourself for bringing this up but if it's going to be thrown out or used in another presentation, what difference does it make if it's touched or mistreated?  Probably nobody will be eating it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment

I was thinking she meant at that moment due to being on air. She was unable to eat because of the presentation

Honored Contributor

Mary Beth didn't touch all of it.  Throw out what she touched.  

Honestly, I don't know why hosts can't eat the food.  If the people who put it out wear masks and gloves, they aren't contaminating the food.  

Pretty much the same as those who make food in restaurants and are serving customers takeout, outside, or now inside.

The only thing I can think of is the host isn't wearing a mask.  Breathing on the food might be a concern.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@luvmybeetle   You're going to hate yourself for bringing this up but if it's going to be thrown out or used in another presentation, what difference does it make if it's touched or mistreated?  Probably nobody will be eating it.

@Kachina624      Reminds me of my former office.......The day shift used to leave their dirty dishes all over the place.     The two of us on the night shift used to throw it all in the TRASH.....dinnerware and utensils included.    And yes, we got some complaints that their "favorite plate" was missing..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Frequent Contributor

I think hosts are mostly only eating food that has been plated and wrapped for them with wrapped utensils. Or they were - it might vary.

It's funny how hyper aware we are of this now...I never realized how the hosts are always talking directly above the food display tables, spraying them with saliva (not intentionally, it's a natural occurence) before the crew would dig in after the demo. Actually, we often saw hosts handing crew food during presentations.

It seems crazy now that we were blowing out candles over a birthday cake and literally spitting all over it, then handing everyone a slice! We never thought anything of it! Ha! Especially little kids who weren't great at blowing yet...yikes! Smiley Happy

No wonder colds were rampant! It's good that we're more mindful now. Hand washing too.