Respected Contributor

Re: YOUNG & RESTLESS AUGUST 2017 SPOILERS!!!

I wonder if Reed realizes that his step-mom (Mackenzie) was the surrogate who carried Mattie & Charlie for Lily & her ookey husband?

Honored Contributor

Who wanted these new writers fired?  Well, according to what I just saw on Yahoo news, the new one's have been fired!

Go here:https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/06ecd203-216c-3e2c-a4a4-2a1dbdf000c9/ss_soap-opera-at-the-young-and.htm...

It says written 3 hours ago.  

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01, I forgot about that!!! 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

@loveschocolate wrote:

@shoekitty, that's Abby Newman....Victor and Ashley's daughter.

Shoekitty asks

How old is her character?

With soaps, it's always hard to say, because they play so many games with the character's ages. I'd guesstimate Abby is supposed to be in her mid to late 20's... The actress who plays her is 34...

Thanks, and holy cow....she certainly is , ahem.......mature.  Those are a set of size Q's!! 🙀😹

Honored Contributor

Well, the Yahoo article got one thing right... It almost never works to have one person, man or woman, running the entire show and writing it too... It surely didn't work with Pratt and there's no reason to believe it'll work this time around either... I'd love to know what really went down here that led to the firings, especially if ratings were up... The other thing the article got right is that the old Procter and Gamble soaps were the absolute best and there's nothing like them on the air today... And yes, I suspect Sony had a hand in all this reshuffling, as they seem to always be somewhat over-involved in the show's operations... It could be that we weren't seeing the improvements in this show we were hoping for because soaps are no longer really run by writers and producers and directors... Oh no... the production companies, networks and key advertisers always have their hand in the pot too... Maybe that's why they so rarely work these days... Oh well...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As for the other thoughts I had based on the Yahoo item, first, I don't think Victor calls all the shots that some seem to think he does... I suspect he wields a certain amount of power, but I don't think he's exactly the kingpin he's portrayed as being... I also got a chuckle over the notion that Muhney is left 'twisting in the wind'... So what... Since when do actors (or any other workers) who have left or been let go from their jobs have the 'right' to expect their jobs back when they decide they want them... This is the same argument supposedly put forth by the former Drucilla... though her situation was embellished with a discrimination charge that appears to have gone nowhere...

I'm sorry, whether you left of by your own choice or it was decided you were no longer needed, it seems downright foolish to expect that all one has to do is say 'hey, I'm ready to come back' and the doors are just going to magically open for you... I'm not one of them, but I know there are lots of folks who would welcome Muhney back, and yet, at the end of the day, it really isn't up to him... and it's probably not up to Victor either...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

So I'm wondering if Charlie ( being a hot head) is going to do something to Juliette and cause her to loose the baby or die?  It'd be a way for the show to get rid of her....but not before they are seen together by the kid.

Cane cant even raise his voice when his entire life is shot to hades.

Honored Contributor

Summary for Thursday, August 3rd from soaps.com:

At Newman, Abby hugs Victor and updates him on business. Victor reveals that Hilary aired the footage of him punching Nick with his blessing. Abby’s stunned, but Victor explains that Nick admitted sabotaging the show on the tape. Abby fills her father in on Victoria’s break down over Brash & Sassy’s troubles. Vic thanks her for telling him.

In the Club dining room, Chelsea is glad she found Victoria as she’s concerned about Nick’s relationship with Victor. Victoria sighs that they’ve been in this place before, and suggests she give him time.

At the pool bar, Nick catches up with Nikki. He’s taken aback to hear she’s got plans with Jack at the Abbott cabin, but then urges her to go for it.

At Jabot, Benjamin Hochman tells Gloria it’s wonderful to see her again, then meets with Jack. Ashley enters and announces that whatever Hochman’s selling, they’re not buying. Hochman placates Ash, then proposes investing in Jabot for a stake. Jack and Ashley refuse and he leaves. Gloria enters with a fishing pole for Jack’s cabin adventure with Nikki, and exits in a snit. Ashley thinks Glo’s jealous, but Jack insists she’s involved with Graham. Ash shares her concern that Dina is depressed. Talk turns to Jack’s dalliance with Nikki. Ash warns Victor will punish him and advises him to tread lightly.

Elsewhere, Phyllis has a question for Ravi that concerns Brash & Sassy and reveals she’s trying to save her relationship. She wonders if he has a qualified friend that can ease the workload down there. Ravi can’t deliver. Phyllis runs into Hochman, and arranges to meet for a chat later. Ravi opines that the guy is a snake.

At the Club, Dina informs Graham she can’t thinking about the dangerous game Jack’s playing with Nikki Newman. Graham takes a call from Gloria, who reveals her boss is heading to the cabin with his new lover, and sets up a date.

At The Underground, Chelsea joins Nick, who’s with his man, Dean, bidding on properties for the expansion. Dean leaves. Nick and Chelsea canoodle and have sex in the office. Nick gets a call from Dean - he was outbid on both buildings he wanted.

In Victor’s office, he tells Dean he sounded very convincing and to keep him apprised of Nick’s actions.

At Brash & Sassy, Victoria takes a call from Victor, and learns Abby told him of her troubles. She disconnects and calls someone. She needs to see them as soon as possible. Abby arrives and she confronts her about talking to Victor. Abby was just concerned and is pleased that her sister confided in her.

At the Abbott cabin, Jack shares childhood memories from the spot with Nikki, and notes Dina wasn’t there often. He brushes aside Nikki’s sympathy and says it’s time to make new memories. Jack exits to get some nightcrawlers and returns to find Nikki’s jammed the reel. She confesses she’s never fished in her life. They laugh and kiss, and someone snaps a photograph from outside.

At Jabot, Dina confides to Ashley that she’s feeling cast aside. Ash grills her about why she sold Mergeron. Dina admits she misses working and might be a little depressed. Ravi enters and Dina scoots. Ash updates him on Dina’s admission and decides she’ll find her something to do to feel useful.

By the pool bar, Phyllis informs Hochman she may have an investment for him – Brash & Sassy may need cash – but he didn’t hear it from her. Intrigued, Hochman questions how best to approach Victoria. Phyllis shares that Ms. Newman’s single, and suggests they might hit it off. Hochman phones Vikki and sets up a dinner meeting.

In San Francisco, Mariah closes the hotel room door against the sound of Tessa’s laughter. Devon appears and remarks on Mariah not joining him in the shower. She claims she was distracted, but enthuses about the trip.Tessa and Noah join them. Mariah diverts her eyes when they kiss. Mariah suggests seeing a Norwegian punk band, and Tessa agrees to accompany her. The guys leave for a meeting. Tessa thinks Mariah seems off. Mariah learns things are progressing nicely with Tessa and Noah and opens up about her own situation. She likes Devon well enough, but is struggling with who she is and what she wants. Tessa touches Mariah’s shoulder – she’ll help any way she can. Mariah turns and moves in close. She places her hand on the nape of Tessa’s neck and they kiss.

A Look Ahead to Friday, August 4th:

Hochman says to Victoria, “It’s all about the personal relationships that you nurture to mutual benefit,” as he places his hand over hers.

Nikki says, “We should talk about the elephant in the room.” Jack smirks. “Does that elephant have a mustache?”

Noah and Devon return and hug Tessa and Mariah, who exchange a look over their boyfriends’ shoulders.

Honored Contributor

OMG!  So it's true....Mariah has changed or was she always gay.  I remember she and Kevin couldn't enjoy the do at first.  So it's Mariah that ignites and not Tessa as I thought it would be.  Oh, my that sure wasn't a trait from Sharon, lol.

I haven't seen the show yet today but I know that poor Cane and poor Lily hit bottom today.  I orget who mentioned it but I wouldn't care if Charlie did do something to low life Juliet.  This soap doesn't need a baby anyway.  Victoria's kids are just now growing up.

What do you want to bet that Billy finds out that Phyllis sent that sex trafficking dude over to see Victoria.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Well, the Yahoo article got one thing right... It almost never works to have one person, man or woman, running the entire show and writing it too... It surely didn't work with Pratt and there's no reason to believe it'll work this time around either... I'd love to know what really went down here that led to the firings, especially if ratings were up... The other thing the article got right is that the old Procter and Gamble soaps were the absolute best and there's nothing like them on the air today... And yes, I suspect Sony had a hand in all this reshuffling, as they seem to always be somewhat over-involved in the show's operations... It could be that we weren't seeing the improvements in this show we were hoping for because soaps are no longer really run by writers and producers and directors... Oh no... the production companies, networks and key advertisers always have their hand in the pot too... Maybe that's why they so rarely work these days... Oh well...

Maybe, somebody in control actually watched the show!