Honored Contributor

Thursday 8/31/2017 Big Brother 19 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

And the suspense over who will be evicted tonight is nearly unbearable! Nah! Matt's going by a unanimous vote and everyone (but Matt and Raven) have known it since the HOH comp. The only real suspense has been, would BB evict him beforehand for flagrant rule violations, but no. Maybe Julie will do what Jeff Probst does sometimes on Survivor when there's no real doubt who will be leaving and just ask him to get up and walk out, but that's unlikely.

In a perfect world Julie will hit Matt hard on why he failed to play the game at all and just laid around, ate cereal and 'entertained' Raven. In all likelihood, she'll be nice to him and ask about his romance and if it will continue after the show. I'd love to hear Matt booed when he came out, but it won't happen. 

I follow a lot of past houseguests on Twitter and pretty much all of them hate the way Matt handled this week. Derrick was reminding everyone how Brittany did the soccer kicks despite knowing she was being evicted and ended up losing her toenail as a result of the kicks, but she played the game. Matt's just a lazy, entitled idiot.

Now the suspense builds for who will win HOH tonight! Well, not really. Alex has agreed to throw the HOH and Jason can't play for HOH and they're Paul's targets for next week, so there's not a lot of suspense. Maybe if Kevin won HOH it would shake things up a bit, but he wants Alex out anyway so even that wouldn't upset Paul's plans much. It seems like Josh or Christmas are the most likely HOH winners this week followed by Raven. All of them will target Jason and Alex however so it doesn't really matter.

Raven's convinced now that Christmas is only staying there to get Raven, Josh and Paul further in the game and has no desire to win the game. (Sure. Who wouldn't throw away a half million dollars to help a con artist, circus clown and master manipulator get the money instead? I think the one disease viewers are in uniform agreement on with Raven is that she has some sort of serious mental health issue.)

And Josh, God help Josh. He actually knows what Paul is doing, but still is willing to throw himself under the bus to save Paul. If he hears that anyone is considering putting Paul up as a pawn or a nominee, he's going to tell them to put him up instead. Suffice to say none of this year's crop of hamsters scored all that high on the intelligence portion of the testing they undertook before the show.

So, we have a show tonight. The entertainment portion of the show will be the blow-ups. It'll start with Raven and Matt going ballistic on Jason for not using the POV, then slowly transition to Paul's steering the house into attacking Kevin where Matt, Raven, Alex and Josh tear into Kevin in the big fight that was largely blocked on the feeds.Watching the edit Matt gets tongiht will be interesting. Will BB show his flagrant rule violations? They'll have to show at least part to explain his penalty vote. Matt will then leave the house and Julie will interview him. (Hopefully she's harsh with the moron.)

Then the new HOH comp will take place. Assuming Alex is as big an idiot as she seems to be, she'll then lose the HOH and her and Jason will be the nominees this week with Jason the early target, but there is some momentum heading towards evicting Alex instead. Paul's final five right now consists of Christmas, Josh, Kevin, Raven and Paul. All of those idiots (with the possible exception of Kevin) want Paul in the final two with them, so he's pretty darn safe for a while. Even Alex wants Paul in her final two, so his only real threat is Jason, but Jason's not that big of a threat and is the target for this coming week.

Someone on Jokers commented that this year's twist is the Temptation/Curse on the viewers. The Temptation is for us to watch a new season of BB. The curse is we're stuck with this group of moronic house guests.

On BBOTT, they cast some genuinely intelligent players. Alex, Morgan, Scott, and Shelby were all pretty intelligent people, likely all in the top twenty percentile in intelligence. Danielle, Justin, Whitney and Monte weren't far behind them. Then there was a bit of a dropoff. Who were the most intelligent players in BB 19? Cameron? Ramses? Dominique? Jessica? Cody?Elena? Paul is clearly the most intelligent of the group. Christmas may be the smartest of what's left, but that's not saying a lot. Granted, Raven is a Mensa member, or so she says, but she's displayed absolutely no intelligence, so who knows.

If BB wants to improve the show in the future, cast some more intelligent people who want to play the game and know it's a game. The Ball Smashers played the game as a game last year and were fun to watch. The game of personal destruction we've watched this summer is not fun. We know that Jason or Alex will be walking out next week followed by whichever one survives this week, followed by Raven. There is no suspense. The good news is this year, few are saying BB is scripted as CBS would have to be stupid to buy this script. BB made Paul into the scriptwriter for this season and he's proven to be a poor choice for the job. He has created a boring, plodding, predictable mess of a story with no heroes, only villains, and a very predictable ending. When was the last time there was any real suspense over an eviction? Pretty much BBOTT and not in BB 19.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Frequent Contributor

Re: Thursday 8/31/2017 Big Brother 19 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

I think if BB wants to save this season, why not add a new twist that instead of the HOH choosing the nominees to put on the block, that the HOH has to draw the names out like they do for the POV competition.  That way no one is safe except for the HOH and maybe there will be alittle more competition knowing that anyone could go on the block.  Keep the POV competition the same but replacements would again be drawn not chosen.  I hate the way this season has gone.  I have always enjoyed this show but unless changes are made I won't be watching in the future.

Respected Contributor

At this point I just want this mess over. I hope Survivor is better.

Honored Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

At this point I just want this mess over. I hope Survivor is better.

They've posted the new Survivors by the way, but I haven't looked at them just yet. The good news is Survivor has a low threshold to cross to be better than this year's BB.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Regular Contributor

I do wish they'd evict Raven tonight so that we could see Matt get mad again.  I can't believe how Matt is asking people to help Raven after he leaves, like bring her coffee in the morning.  Matt believes all of her stories, how can anyone be that dumb?  He thinks Raven can win.  You just shake your head when they talk.

Respected Contributor

Speaking of Raven, @gardenman....Do you have a theory as to why BB is editing her to make her look like the lying, annoying fool that she is ?

Julie blatantly ignored her last week, after Q&A with everyone else ,and she was given a big negative segment a few days age. Then last night's show with her classic " my GPA was dance" brings to light what a real idiot she is. 

In her case MENSA stands for Matt Enjoys Needing Some As__ .....

How about when Matt told her the house loves her ? Why are they keeping her again ? Why can't she go tonight ?

Respected Contributor

@kug wrote:

I think if BB wants to save this season, why not add a new twist that instead of the HOH choosing the nominees to put on the block, that the HOH has to draw the names out like they do for the POV competition.  That way no one is safe except for the HOH and maybe there will be alittle more competition knowing that anyone could go on the block.  Keep the POV competition the same but replacements would again be drawn not chosen.  I hate the way this season has gone.  I have always enjoyed this show but unless changes are made I won't be watching in the future.

I love this idea. Or how about whomever wins the POV decides whether or not to change the noms and who the replacement nominee is.

The whole thing has become very predictable and the back dooring has become a yawn.

Honored Contributor

I think BB has just tired of Raven. She's been the least popular houseguest on most polls for most of the season, so I think they've decided it's time to let the TV audience see the real Raven.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@Danky wrote:

Speaking of Raven, @gardenman....Do you have a theory as to why BB is editing her to make her look like the lying, annoying fool that she is ?

Julie blatantly ignored her last week, after Q&A with everyone else ,and she was given a big negative segment a few days age. Then last night's show with her classic " my GPA was dance" brings to light what a real idiot she is. 

How about when Matt told her the house loves her ? Why are they keeping her again ? Why can't she go tonight ?

@Danky, that was HILARIOUS! 

Muddling through...
Valued Contributor

@Danky wrote:

You know the answer to that, right? 

uh, yeah... all roads lead to Paul.