Honored Contributor

Y&R - the real reason Burgess Jenkins (Billy) left Y&R

Just a few months after leaving the role of Billy on THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS, Burgess Jenkins has finally revealed the truth behind his exit!

“I departed the show because my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer back in November,” he told theWinston Salem Journal. “And continuing to travel back and forth to the East Coast to the West Coast every week would have made it impossible to take care of her.”

Jenkins and his wife, Ashlee, were reluctant to make any public announcements until they had a handle on her condition. “At this point, however, we know that she is going to be okay,” he reported. “Just in for a long and grueling battle with chemotherapy and radiation. Which stinks, but it’s a real blessing just knowing when we wake up in the morning that she’s not fighting for her life. It’s great to see her back to normal.”

Honored Contributor

Re: Y&R - the real reason Burgess Jenkins (Billy) left Y&R

Sending prayers to his family!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the info Hooty.  I'm glad his wife will be ok.

Jessa
Regular Contributor

So sad to hear.  I wish the real reason was that he just wanted to move on to other things.  He sounds like a wonderful husband who puts his wife before anything!  

Honored Contributor

His likability rating just moved way up with me.  Family first!

Thanks, @Hooty.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry that he had to give up the role of Billy because of his wife's illness, but proud of his commitment to her during this critical time.

I have to say that I much preferred him in the role instead of the current Billy, who just doesn't fit the role at all IMHO.  Maybe one day he'll be able to return.

Esteemed Contributor

This makes sense now because he very good in his role. Best wishes to his wife.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Valued Contributor

He was just growing on me when he left the show.  I am glad his wife is doing well and I admire him for putting his family first.