Honored Contributor

Re: ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ Y&R September 2018..SPOILERS! ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ

Honored Contributor

Princess Lily is too fancy to wear orange? In her cell, sheโ€™s shedding tears wearing her Lauri Felt jeans and Martha Stewart chambray shirt. The show (whatโ€™s left of it), is falling apart before our bloodshot eyes. Nate is going from house to house until they find someone, anyone, he has chemistry with so the writers can begin his storyline. Maybe he can doctor up Dina and find a miracle cure for Alzheimerโ€™s. Looks like Victor & Niki are off on vacay...no loss. Jack-a*s, Ashley and other higher paid actors took the week off for Labor Day so not to further strain a tight budget.

So short on bucks, that no oneโ€™s reupholstered their sofas, hung new curtains or painted the walls in the 25 yrs. Iโ€™ve watched. Even millionaires redecorate some time. Abbott mansion, the same, Chancellor house (well, Billy made a few changes when he moved in, but Jill changed it back), Nick & Sharonโ€™s free loaded house?...same faded sofa as when he carried her over the threshold when the soap was new & exciting. Ah, the ranch...total rehaul, but only because Sharon burned it down. The athletic club, hotel...all dusty same furniture, paneled walls. Coffee house, pa-leeese.

Hey Lily, be happy. You have the newest scenery in this soap. Sure itโ€™s a jail cell, but looks like you have a stylish new outfit befitting a murderer. 

Respected Contributor

I just happened to have the tv on today when Bold and Beautiful came on and what a difference! Saw the ole Bradcicle (with a real bad black rug!) Victoria(as a brunette!) and some beautiful sets and fashions and makeup and......I think I might have found a new soap. So hard to do though. You need to know all the backstories and I have never watched it. So much easier on the eyes that crusty, dusty ole Y&R and with a half hour show things happen fast. Not like the s l o w pace in GC. zzzzzzzzz

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

I just happened to have the tv on today when Bold and Beautiful came on and what a difference! Saw the ole Bradcicle (with a real bad black rug!) Victoria(as a brunette!) and some beautiful sets and fashions and makeup and......I think I might have found a new soap. So hard to do though. You need to know all the backstories and I have never watched it. So much easier on the eyes that crusty, dusty ole Y&R and with a half hour show things happen fast. Not like the s l o w pace in GC. zzzzzzzzz

@silkyk  Ya know, Iโ€™ve been thinking the same thing. When visiting Mom, the world stops at 1:30-2. A bomb can drop & her B&B comes first. Youโ€™re right that itโ€™s a spiffy looking soap. There must be a site for folks whoโ€™d like a Cliffโ€™s Notes background to be able to catch up! Anyone know where to find out? If I knew some of who slept w/ whom, fathered which kids, murdered which people, affairs, etc. Iโ€™d be there at 1:30 in a NY minute!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I can admit I hardly watch the Y&R anymore and when I do it's in bits and pieces.  Summer is truly a head job....I mean really where is Fairlawn when you need them.

Why did Phyllis and Billy both able body working adults with pretty decent job titles move in the Abbott house?  This show is also starting to become full of free loaders.  I guess anything to keep the same old and tired story going.

@loveschocolate-thanks for the spoilers!

Respected Contributor

Very Impressive today while I was having my coffee! Billy not lying to Phyliss about going to Vegas in a poker match! Of course we now know Kyle is behind his invitation with the mysterious character with shocking pink hair. 

Aside from Dinah having her moment in time, and Nick meeting Ray and finding out that the Rat is his brother it was kinda bland for me.

At least everyone had their shirts on.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

@hsawaknow wrote:

Very Impressive today while I was having my coffee! Billy not lying to Phyliss about going to Vegas in a poker match! Of course we now know Kyle is behind his invitation with the mysterious character with shocking pink hair. 

Aside from Dinah having her moment in time, and Nick meeting Ray and finding out that the Rat is his brother it was kinda bland for me.

At least everyone had their shirts on.

And their panties.....ooooops.........probably not Summer. She strikes me as a comando kinda gal.

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

@silkyk  Ya know, Iโ€™ve been thinking the same thing. When visiting Mom, the world stops at 1:30-2. A bomb can drop & her B&B comes first. Youโ€™re right that itโ€™s a spiffy looking soap. There must be a site for folks whoโ€™d like a Cliffโ€™s Notes background to be able to catch up! Anyone know where to find out? If I knew some of who slept w/ whom, fathered which kids, murdered which people, affairs, etc. Iโ€™d be there at 1:30 in a NY minute!!!

If you find one please LMK....B&B has way more eye candy in all depts. Gotta get those "Cliff's" on it (probably one somewhere) and get to know who's who.

Honored Contributor

Summary for Friday, September 7th from soaps.com:

Abby welcomes Jack into the Abbott mansion; sheโ€™s so happy heโ€™s moving back in. She brings up the fact that Phyllis and Billy live there and he acknowledges itโ€™s weirdโ€ฆbut this is where he belongs; this is home. Talk turns to Abby leaving Newman. Jack feels Victor never gave her the respect she deserved. Abby relays that Arturo stayed behind on the business trip; she suspects heโ€™s avoiding his brother, Rey. Jack muses that relationships with brothers can get complex. They switch gears to Dina. Jack wants to be angry with her at times, but now heโ€™s just sad. They discuss Jackโ€™s paternity. Abby recalls Dina repeatedly spoke of the Club and the Stardust Inn โ€“ she may have actually had an affair. Jack decides sheโ€™s brilliant.

Later, Jack hears Ashley on a call with Neil. Ash reports that Sofia is stable and Jack fishes about their relationship. Ash admits theyโ€™re dating. Jack thinks it would be cool if they found happiness together. Talk turns to his paternity and Abby rejoins them. Her earlier idea didnโ€™t pan out, but Jack wants them to put their heads together โ€“ he needs to know the truth. Ash agrees to help. Jack wants her to ask Neil if the server company ever came across anything personal of Dinaโ€™s. Abby looks at the photo Dina kept in the safety deposit box. Ash remarks itโ€™s curious, since she never had an affair with Phillip Chancellor. Her remark gives Jack an idea. They look at the way the men in the photo are admiring Dina. Jack theorizes that when Phillip rejected her, she turned to one of the men โ€“ he has to find out which one is his father.

Billy arrives at his hotel room in Vegas and Phyllis appears behind him. He tells her everythingโ€™s on him this weekend. Phyllis says she wants to share this important part of his life with him, but looks concerned when they embrace. Billy enthuses about how much money he could win in this tournament and Phyllis warns him about being over-confident. He boasts about his skill and Phyllis reveals she did a spreadsheet on his competitors. Billy looks it over and she says she supports him if he wants to drop out. Billy senses she doesnโ€™t want him to play, but Phyllis trusts him and regrets accusing him of wanting Summer. When Phyllis observes sheโ€™s not perfect either, he confidently states all their cards are on the table now.

They play poker on the bed and Billy wins. Phyllis hates gambling; she likes to be in control. Billy muses the โ€˜newโ€™ him knows where to draw the line. Theyโ€™re making out when Sinead knocks. Billy introduces him to Phyllis. Sinead talks about winning Jaboat and getting Billy into the tournament. Phyllis is suspicious. โ€œWhatโ€™s in it for you?โ€ Sinead covers that she was hoping heโ€™d put the boat back on the table. Billy nixes that and Sinead goes. Phyllis decides she doesnโ€™t trust the woman. Later, Phyllis and Billy celebrate his win on a bed full of cash. Phyllis acts excited, but when Billy starts kissing her neck she looks worried. After they have sex, Sinead returns to ensure Billyโ€™s playing the next round. Billy announces heโ€™s staying, as Phyllis looks wary. Sinead reminds him stakes are doubled in the next round.

At home, Cane knows this situation isnโ€™t easy on the twins but theyโ€™re just concerned about Lily. Caneโ€™s anxious to go visit her. In a moment alone, Charlie worries to Cane heโ€™ll say the wrong thing. Cane reassures him, but looks stressed after.

At Walworth, Lily assures her family sheโ€™s okay and asks about Sam, Chancellor, and school. Mattie shares good news but Charlie shrugs that school was no big deal. Lily asks him to film a documentary on their family while sheโ€™s in there. Mattie advises Lily they put money in her commissary account. Lily promises sheโ€™s comfortable there. Charlieโ€™s irked; sheโ€™s acting like itโ€™s a chill spa. Lily relays thereโ€™s a library and a chapel, and some of the inmates are nice. Cane sends the twins out and Lily confesses the place is taking some getting used to. She doesnโ€™t know how sheโ€™ll get through this, and describes how scary it is. Lily lied to the kids โ€“ as a 'spoiled rich girl' sheโ€™s a target, and she canโ€™t sleep or eat. Cane asks what time they turn out the lights. Lily says 10:00 PM. Cane tells her heโ€™ll turn out his lights at 10:00 PM every night and go to sleep with her until sheโ€™s back in his arms. Lily cries that the guilt and inability to forgive herself are worse. Outside, Charlie sees her crying and looks despondent.

A Look ๐Ÿ‘€ Ahead to Monday, September 10th:

Mariah hosts Nick on TV for the launch of Dark Horse.