Honored Contributor

Re: Y&R June 2017...SPOILERS!!!

All this air-time devoted to Genoa City's youth is just a waste and missed opportunity... And aging Lily's twins was a big mistake... It's just not believable... A more gradual aging or had they been sent off to school and come back older would've been at least a bit more believable... As it is, it's just a joke... I'd like to see them all written out...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Not happy about it, but am beginning to wonder if Phyllis isn't going to end up back with Jack... There's still a lot of emotion there for two people who are supposedly over it and who have supposedly moved on... And then there's Victory, always clinging onto Billy...

I have always thought Jack & Phyllis, Nick & Sharon, Victor & Nikki, Billy & Victoria, were natural couples. 

I haven't watched in awhile, but always felt those were "meant to be."  Kind of like Brooke and Ridge on B & B.

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003

I agree with you on all these couples ..... except Brooke and Ridge.   This Ridge always looks like they found a homeless guy, put a jacket on him, and tried to make him a soap star.   Every time I look at this character, I always think he has bad body odor!  ugh

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

So, what's with Olive Oyl's hair the past few days... It looks like a not very well groomed horse tail... Her hair is usually her best feature even if it does sometimes seem to overwhelm the rest of her...

Smiley Wink

@stevieb

Who are you referring to?

Trusted Contributor

Last night after I posted I decided to do a bit of googling.  It appears fairly certain that Michael Muhney will be returning as Adam.  The 2 articles I read said that they have Eric Braeden's "approval" as he was partially responsible for his firing as was "Summer".  She had accused him of inappropriately fondling her but he denied it and it was unclear if this was true or not.  If it were true he should have been fired as this should not be taken lightly but I just never believed her.  I couldn't stand her and am glad she is gone.  Since Eric is 75 he said he's cutting back on work (which we have all seen).  I can see him retiring before he is 80.  Michael's return will make alot of fans happy because there was such an uproar when he was fired.  

Adam's return will certainly make things interesting.  Abby will be furious because everyone knows Victor wants a son to take over Newman.  Then there is the issue of Christian being his son and not Nick's.  I remember him telling Chelsea and of course Victor knows but I need someone to refresh my memory.  Why did he do that?  Was it because he thought he was going to spend his life in jail or was there some other reason?

Speaking of Summer, these soaps drive me crazy sometimes.  Poof, she's gone.  I don't remember any explanation and have never heard anyone even mention her.  Wouldn't you think Nick or Phyllis would say something about her at least once. Or wouldn't someone ask about her?  All they would have to say is she's doing well at college in Timbuktu.  I just hate it when they do this.  Do they think the fans don't notice?  Oh well, just my little rant.

Personally I think the smartest Newman is Nick because he wants nothing to do with the Newman empire and wants to live a normal stress-free life and do something he enjoys. 

Sorry for such a long post but these things were just bugging me and I don't get to post often.  I don't read as often as I'd like so if all this has been brought up before I apologize.

Esteemed Contributor

That is interesting information @sabra.  Unfortunately the writers have destroyed the Y&R; it's pretty much laughable and silly at this point.  Yesterday when I watched the big finale where Kevin keel over when he saw "Carrie's" I mean Chloe's hand open up her own coffin while she is laying in there I thought how ridiculous I mean I don't know how much air is in a coffin and she obviously wasn't embalmed like normal bodies, Victor is written all over this mess maybe Nick will figure it out even more since he seems to have more detective in him then Paul.

Honored Contributor

Summary for Thursday, June 8th from soaps.com:

At the Club bar, Jordan tells Hilary that Juliet’s sexual harassment lawsuit wasn’t a smart move. They debate. Jordan thinks that Juliet got some bad advice from someone claiming to be in her corner. After more debate, Hilary shrugs that the truth will come out; it always does.

In their living room, Cane informs Lily that Juliet’s lawsuit is frivolous and Victoria will put an end to it. Lily wants to know if there are any merits to her claims, and Cane launches into a ranty denial. Lily again asks him to be honest – is there any way Juliet could be talking about something that happened in Tokyo? Cane says they went out together to celebrate but there was no sexual harassment. Lily wonders if Hilary is involved and assures Cane they will be okay.

At Brash & Sassy, Victoria makes it clear to Michael that she has no intention of paying a settlement to make Juliet’s lawsuit go away. Michael can’t understand what Juliet hopes to gain. Victoria thinks she needs cash and reiterates she’s not settling. After leaving, Michael texts Cane to meet.

Mariah and Noah enthuse about the crowd at The Underground’s Open Mic Night. She’s surprised to hear Tessa is uncertain about signing with Devon. Tessa arrives and Mariah questions her, and has Devon reassure her about her talent. Meanwhile, Reed greets Mattie and her friend, and introduces them to Noah. The teens interact awkwardly until it’s time for Reed to play. After the song, Noah asks Tessa what, or who, is holding her back from signing with Devon. Mariah intervenes and Tessa wonders if they’re a tag team. She talks about a guy she knew in Chicago and how she’s not used to having friends. Noah rejoins Tessa and urges her to ‘go for it’ before kissing her. Elsewhere, Mattie tells Reed his performance was ‘not bad’ and applauds his nerve in getting up there. Reed suggests a movie some time. Mattie’s gone before he can get her number.

In the Abbott mansion living room, Jack flashes to Dina singing to him as a child. Ashley arrives from Milwaukee. She’s been distracted by thoughts of Graham – something isn’t right. Ash fills her brother in on the abusive episode in Dina’s suite and opines that he is controlling her. She’s worried about Dina, who is being pressured to leave. Jack decides they need to figure out what’s going on.

In her suite, Graham presents Dina with flowers to apologize for grabbing her arm. He blames his over-protective behavior on her children’s sudden interest in their mother. In the dining room, Abby informs Zack that her start-up will be part of Newman Enterprises now. They part ways as Dina appears. She notes the way the ‘young man’ was looking at Abby and promotes mixing business with pleasure. Dina expresses pride in her granddaughter for pursuing her start-up idea. As Abby walks off, Ash and Jack show up. They question if Graham has Dina’s best interests at heart. Dina says they’re leaving for Paris tomorrow. Jack interjects that he’ll tell Graham to go alone and she can stay at the house. Dina panics. “You mustn’t do that!” Graham appears. He presumes Dina’s saying her goodbyes. Farewell hugs are shared, and as Dina and Graham walk away, Jack tells Ashley she’s right; something’s off and he won’t let Dina leave with that man before finding out what’s really going on.

By the door, Abby fills Victoria in on their father supporting her start-up idea. Vikki’s response makes Abby thinks her sister still considers her to be Victor’s second choice. They bicker, but Vikki tells Abby she should be proud. The conversation thaws and Victoria offers business advice – be prepared for things to come out of left field. At the bar, Lily confronts Hilary, calls her a miserable human being, and assures her that nothing will come of Juliet’s lawsuit. Hil says they’ll see, and warns this will go national. She takes a call and Jordan apologizes for what Lily’s going through. Lily asks him about Juliet and Cane. He reminds her of the argument they witnessed in the lab. Jordan feels the truth will come out, but points out if Cane loses, a lot of people will get hurt.

At Michael’s place, Cane recounts the events in Tokyo, but lies that Juliet helped him to his room and then she left. Michael asks if he would testify to that under oath. Cane wants to talk to Juliet, but Michael vehemently advises against it. He informs him if there’s no merit to the case, it will be over before it goes to trial.

A Look Ahead to Friday, June 9th:

Jack says, “The last thing he wants is for us to get anywhere near Dina.”

Ashley replies, “So I’ll stall him, and you find out what’s going on from her.”

Chloe listens as Dr. Harris, on the phone with Victor, says, “Chloe’s in excellent hands, Mr. Newman. I plan to devote myself to her treatment.”

Kevin checks in his bag to ensure his gun is there.

Honored Contributor

Now that was a surprise...Kevin leaving Bella behind with Esther.  Maybe he is coming back for a while before he leaves for good.

I was reading an article in Soap Hub and Chloe said she's finishing her taping this week but will be on air for a few weeks longer.  Maybe it's the same with Kevin.  Makes no sense to leave Bella especially after Chloe purposely got pregnant.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Now that was a surprise...Kevin leaving Bella behind with Esther.  Maybe he is coming back for a while before he leaves for good.

I was reading an article in Soap Hub and Chloe said she's finishing her taping this week but will be on air for a few weeks longer.  Maybe it's the same with Kevin.  Makes no sense to leave Bella especially after Chloe purposely got pregnant.

I thought Kevin was on until some time in August...

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

So, what's with Olive Oyl's hair the past few days... It looks like a not very well groomed horse tail... Her hair is usually her best feature even if it does sometimes seem to overwhelm the rest of her...

Smiley Wink

@stevieb

Who are you referring to?

@Tinkrbl44

Victoria.

Honored Contributor

@sabra wrote:

Last night after I posted I decided to do a bit of googling.  It appears fairly certain that Michael Muhney will be returning as Adam.  The 2 articles I read said that they have Eric Braeden's "approval" as he was partially responsible for his firing as was "Summer".  She had accused him of inappropriately fondling her but he denied it and it was unclear if this was true or not.  If it were true he should have been fired as this should not be taken lightly but I just never believed her.  I couldn't stand her and am glad she is gone.  Since Eric is 75 he said he's cutting back on work (which we have all seen).  I can see him retiring before he is 80.  Michael's return will make alot of fans happy because there was such an uproar when he was fired.  

Adam's return will certainly make things interesting.  Abby will be furious because everyone knows Victor wants a son to take over Newman.  Then there is the issue of Christian being his son and not Nick's.  I remember him telling Chelsea and of course Victor knows but I need someone to refresh my memory.  Why did he do that?  Was it because he thought he was going to spend his life in jail or was there some other reason?

Speaking of Summer, these soaps drive me crazy sometimes.  Poof, she's gone.  I don't remember any explanation and have never heard anyone even mention her.  Wouldn't you think Nick or Phyllis would say something about her at least once. Or wouldn't someone ask about her?  All they would have to say is she's doing well at college in Timbuktu.  I just hate it when they do this.  Do they think the fans don't notice?  Oh well, just my little rant.

Personally I think the smartest Newman is Nick because he wants nothing to do with the Newman empire and wants to live a normal stress-free life and do something he enjoys. 

Sorry for such a long post but these things were just bugging me and I don't get to post often.  I don't read as often as I'd like so if all this has been brought up before I apologize.

Summer supposedly took a beach trip at Christmas and while they've mentioned her once or twice that's been it. At one point Phyllis even said it was time for her to come home... she missed her (she'd be the only one...), but as far as I know, nothing else has been said.

As for bringing MM back as Adam, I'm in the clear minority, but I think it stretches credibility too far on a soap where credibility is already at the breaking point. He was a good actor, but I don't see how they can just pick up where they left off, especially since they made such a point of the last Adam having had plastic surgery... I don't favor his return. I'd prefer they just recast Adam again.