Honored Contributor

Re: World on Fire

[ Edited ]

@AZfem wrote:

I also enjoyed season 1 more. Thought last nights episode was the best yet in season 2. I find the story of the girls having babies for the Reich interesting as I never heard of this. I'm wondering what happened to these kids after the war. Did they end up in orphanages, go back to a bio parent, get adopted or what?

I had never heard about this, either. But some films/tv shows will have in fine print-'scenes may be added for drama and are not necessarily fact' or words to that effect.I don't know if I read that on this show, though-will try to see it in the credits.

Esteemed Contributor

I am old enough to have lived thru WWII.  I was little, but remember a lot of it.  I have researched the war and the part about the young girls being handed over to the Weirmacht to have babies is absolutely true. 

It was called Leibensborn (spelling?).  They were brainwashed.  The officials wanted to breed the perfect race. 

Oh well, I could go on, but you get the idea.

Trusted Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

I am old enough to have lived thru WWII.  I was little, but remember a lot of it.  I have researched the war and the part about the young girls being handed over to the Weirmacht to have babies is absolutely true. 

It was called Leibensborn (spelling?).  They were brainwashed.  The officials wanted to breed the perfect race. 

Yes!

From Wiki:

Lebensborn e.V. (literally: "Fount of Life") was an ss-initiated, state-supported, registered association in Nazi Germany with the stated goal of increasing the number of children born who met the Nazi standards of "racially pure" and "healthy"  Lebensborn provided welfare to its mostly unmarried mothers, encouraged anonymous births by unmarried women at their maternity homes, and mediated adoption of children by likewise "racially pure" and "healthy" parents, particularly SS members and their families. The Cross of Honour of the German Mother was given to the women who bore the most Aryan children. 

Honored Contributor

Thought it was a new news channel show.

Honored Contributor

@Lakelife62 wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

Yes!

From Wiki:

Lebensborn e.V. (literally: "Fount of Life") was an ss-initiated, state-supported, registered association in Nazi Germany with the stated goal of increasing the number of children born who met the Nazi standards of "racially pure" and "healthy"  Lebensborn provided welfare to its mostly unmarried mothers, encouraged anonymous births by unmarried women at their maternity homes, and mediated adoption of children by likewise "racially pure" and "healthy" parents, particularly SS members and their families. The Cross of Honour of the German Mother was given to the women who bore the most Aryan children. 

Just wow!

Trusted Contributor

@Judaline Isn't it unbelievable and sickening? Like a fiction story.

Esteemed Contributor

This show gets more intriguing each week.  I'm enjoying it.