Honored Contributor

@NickNack  "How do you get credits from Amazon?  I have Prime and order from Amazon every week."

I get credits for selecting another shipping date, ship all products in 1 "Amazon" box and sometimes on certain orders.  Amazon sends me an email everytime I accumilate credits.  Sometimes you have to use them within 30-60 days.

My $2 credit has no expiration date.

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at Sat, Sep 19, 2020-8.20.05 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac how exactly do you earn credits from Verizon, by paying your bill each month?

Honored Contributor

I joined Prime not for any movies/TVs.  I wanted free, fast shipping.  And that's what I got, and why I remain a member of Prime.  On occcasion, I'll goover there and watch.  I'm currently watching a series called the Royals.  

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

The free shipping would be enough for me....I do a lot of shopping at Amazon, since I don't drive much.  I always get great prices.

The streaming is a bonus for me.  My nephew gave me a Firestick a few years ago, and I have access at no additional cost to more than I could ever watch.

I don't pay for any additional streaming sites like HULU or Netflix....and got rid of cable, too.  $119 per year is a great deal for my needs.

@alicedee 

Same here!  I would spend a fortune on shipping if it wasn't for my prime membership,  FAR more than the annual fee.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@NickNack  "How do you get credits from Amazon?  I have Prime and order from Amazon every week."

I get credits for selecting another shipping date, ship all products in 1 "Amazon" box and sometimes on certain orders.  Amazon sends me an email everytime I accumilate credits.  Sometimes you have to use them within 30-60 days.

My $2 credit has no expiration date.

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at Sat, Sep 19, 2020-8.20.05 PM.png

Thank you @Mz iMac .  I do that occasionally but not enough to add up to very much.  I had forgotten about that.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Why Amazon Prime

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Mz iMac how exactly do you earn credits from Verizon, by paying your bill each month?

@Jordan2 

Never late paying a bill is one way. 

Renewing each year - $2.  I am on a 2 yr contract.

Once or twice a year FIOS credits me $5 for being a perferred customer. 

For 2 months during the beginning of the shutdown, FIOS premiums & $$$ movies were FREE!

I do not rent On Demand movies.  My paramour does when he's here.  Before the pandemic when I kept the grands for the summer, they always took full advantage of my credits which I never paid attention to.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Antebellum is only available for pay on Directv as well. When it comes to Amazon Prime I don't concentrate on the very few movies that there is a charge for. I've watched hundreds of shows on it in the short time I've had it. I just ordered my shampoo and conditioner and they will be delivering them tonight with no delivery charge and no tip. I don't have to hunt them down either. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why Amazon Prime

[ Edited ]

@sktchy wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

I just give Amazon my money. There are not any stores left.

Last week I combined items into one shipment and received a digital credit. I will, rent a movie. 

I subscribe to unlimited music,and you   have to be a Prime member.

My favorite Prime video series is a "Taste of History". A retired Philadelphia chef cooks colonial fare in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

He  also cooks local dishes in the Caribbean. 

I received two of those digital cards 2 months.  Neither of them worked and I sent a complaint to Amazon.  I was worried they where phising 'offers'.  Call CS first to verify - I NEVER heard back from Amazon.

My Netflix ends in a couple of days and plan on getting account. 

I shop there several times a month.  I got rid of my car last year.  I save money on gas, insurance and parking garage fees but still miss the convenience of a car.

@sktchy

Sorry your promotions were not good. I have one a dollar and another one  last week for 2 dollars.

A few months ago I watched two Amazon series "Hanna" and "Jack Ryan". The company sent me a $5 coupon for a movie, and the promo was good.

The coupons I receive have an expiration date of about three months. When you pay for a digital item Amazon redeems the coupon and you saved a dollar or two. 

Trusted Contributor

jmo prime is well worth it!

https://www.amazon.com/primeinsider/about

Honored Contributor

I was looking to watch On The Basis Of Sex and RGB on Amazon ( Ruth Bader Ginsburg films). Neither is included with my Prime membership.