Respected Contributor

I share the cost of Prime with my DIL.  She also lets a few other family members use her account.  Well worth it!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

Re: Why Amazon Prime

[ Edited ]

I've had Prime for a little less than a year now.   As a X-mas gift, I am on ALL of my children's "family account."  I never had to pay for videos I wanted to watch.

I recently discovered True Crime Network app on Prime.  It's FREE!  I'm addicted to "Cruise Ship Murders."  Who knew murders happen on cruise ships so often! faint.gif

I also found accidently Amazon "Overstock."  Who knew! Smiley Surprised

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I could not live now without Amazon Prime. I never step a foot in a drug store anymore...I can buy everything from Amazon...and things I could not ever even find at stores I find at Amazon.  No driving about.....no extra contact with people....a win win any way you look at it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why Amazon Prime

[ Edited ]

I love my Amazon Prime.  Most video content is included for free. They have a huge amount of free content. They have plenty of original programming too. There are some videos that can have a fee but so far I've only ordered two of them. I watch more on Prime than on Netflix or Directv. I also get free music and shipping with it and access to Prime Grocery, Prime Pantry and Whole Foods delivery. I get one or two day deliveries free on most Amazon items. I was reluctant to joint for years and now I'm so glad I did. 

Honored Contributor

There is a new movie out, I think it’s called Antebellum, I saw a promo on TV and it comes up on the screen when I put on my Fire Stick. I thought I might want to see it, yeah you can see it if you want to pay extra to rent it.

Honored Contributor

luckily, my daughter is a student, so we get the prime student rate at $60 a year. my kids, mom, and i share the amazon account. we also share netflix and hulu and disney+. i dont think i would pay $120 for amazon, but if my kids want it, then i will pay for part of it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Last year on Veteran’s Day they offered a great price for all veterans. I’m hoping they do that again this year so keep an eye out if you or a family member might be eligible.

Esteemed Contributor

I just give Amazon my money. There are not any stores left.

Last week I combined items into one shipment and received a digital credit. I will, rent a movie. 

I subscribe to unlimited music,and you   have to be a Prime member.

My favorite Prime video series is a "Taste of History". A retired Philadelphia chef cooks colonial fare in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

He  also cooks local dishes in the Caribbean. 

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So I would like to know, paying about $119 a year to be a Prime member all video content isn't included? Netflix and Hulu don't ask me to pay for certain content, everything is included. I will not give Amazon not a nickel more to watch something I am required to "rent", I'll skip it.

Netlfix and Hulu aren't shopping, music, book, AND video venues.  Amazon is all that.  If you don't want to pay to watch any of the paid content that is available, then you don't have to do so.  If there is something that I want to watch, and it is available nowhere else but Amazon, I will buy or rent it if the price is acceptable.  For me, Amazon Prime is a bargain, and I can't imagine doing without it.  I would pay the $120 a year just for free shipping.  All the rest is a bonus.  

Trusted Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

I just give Amazon my money. There are not any stores left.

Last week I combined items into one shipment and received a digital credit. I will, rent a movie. 

I subscribe to unlimited music,and you   have to be a Prime member.

My favorite Prime video series is a "Taste of History". A retired Philadelphia chef cooks colonial fare in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

He  also cooks local dishes in the Caribbean. 

I received two of those digital cards 2 months.  Neither of them worked and I sent a complaint to Amazon.  I was worried they where phising 'offers'.  Call CS first to verify - I NEVER heard back from Amazon.

My Netflix ends in a couple of days and plan on getting account. 

I shop there several times a month.  I got rid of my car last year.  I save money on gas, insurance and parking garage fees but still miss the convenience of a car.