Occasional Contributor

What are your favorite movies or series on Netflix?

I am always looking for a good movie or series (with lots of episodes) to watch on Netflix. What are your favorites? I seem to enjoy a really good mystery or crime series, but I'm always open to any suggestions or anything you all can recommend. Thanks and A Happy New Year to everyone and the best of everything in 2015 to you and yours!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What are your favorite movies or series on Netflix?

All the British murder mysteries, Inspector Lewis, Inspector Morse and especially Midsomer Murder.
Honored Contributor

The 'must watch' series on Netflix, of course, are 'House of Cards' and 'Orange is the New Black'. Love both of those.

I have one called 'Lilyhammer' on deck, because a friend recommended it but I don't even know what it's about.

I've recently been re-watching 'Mad Men' from the beginning and am really enjoying it. Man, did I ever forget a LOT from every season. I decided to re-watch to get ready for the last half-season, coming up in the next couple of months.

If you haven't watched 'Six Feet Under', that is one truly amazing series that ran on HBO for 5 or 6 seasons. Also, speaking of Michael C Hall, there is Dexter.

All that said, if you have delicate sensibilities you might like many of the shows mentioned. Smiley Happy I don't, so I find many shows fascinating that some people might not be able to handle.

Frequent Contributor

I'm currently watching Damages. Glenn Close is amazing in this show! I watched the entire first season on Saturday - never ever have done that before!

Honored Contributor

On 1/2/2015 Chihuahualuv said:

I'm currently watching Damages. Glenn Close is amazing in this show! I watched the entire first season on Saturday - never ever have done that before!

Ooh, that was a good show. Does Netflix have it all the way through to the end? I watched it until they moved it to DirecTV only (which I don't have), so I've never gotten to see how it came out. I wouldn't mind starting over in the beginning, as I'm sure I've forgotten way more than I even remember at this point.

Esteemed Contributor

Waiting for new House of Cards, out in Feb....love the one about the NY firefighters..forget the name!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Occasional Contributor

You all are great to take the time to reply and give me suggestions. I really do appreciate it and I will get started on some of your suggestions tomorrow. I remember seeing a few episodes of "Damages" quite some time ago and it was really good. Same with "House of Cards" and I'm thrilled to see it will be back on soon. I've been watching "Covert Affairs" on Cox on Demand, and like that too. Please keep those ideas coming and I'll also let you know if I find anything good. Thanks again everybody.

Honored Contributor

On 1/2/2015 chickenbutt said:

The 'must watch' series on Netflix, of course, are 'House of Cards' and 'Orange is the New Black'. Love both of those.

I have one called 'Lilyhammer' on deck, because a friend recommended it but I don't even know what it's about.

I've recently been re-watching 'Mad Men' from the beginning and am really enjoying it. Man, did I ever forget a LOT from every season. I decided to re-watch to get ready for the last half-season, coming up in the next couple of months.

If you haven't watched 'Six Feet Under', that is one truly amazing series that ran on HBO for 5 or 6 seasons. Also, speaking of Michael C Hall, there is Dexter.

All that said, if you have delicate sensibilities you might like many of the shows mentioned. Smiley Happy I don't, so I find many shows fascinating that some people might not be able to handle.

I like the shows you mentioned, and watch a lot of shows others might not want to watch too, but I find them interesting.

Super Contributor

I found on Netflix quite by accident a British mystery series named Broadchurch. The first season is on Netflix and the 2nd season is scheduled to start soon so I don't know how long it will be before it will show up.

This show will keep you guessing all the way through. I think you will love it. I know I did and can't wait to see the 2nd season.

If you like British comedy, Doc Martin is a very good one to watch. I'm currently watching it and love it.

Once you find a certain genre that you like and watch on Netflix, you will be shown other shows to choose from that fit that style.

Hope this helps.

VickiSmile

Respected Contributor

Chickenbutt ~ Lilyhammer is difficult to explain but we love it. Steven VanZandt is the star. He played Silvio Dante in the Sopranos. He moves to Lilyhammer to be in the witness protection plan. His New York mob life style in his new country is hysterical. I hope you like it.