Honored Contributor

Re: What a great way to start the Oscars!

[ Edited ]

I was disappointed for Glenn Close.

The best way to watch the Oscars is to record it and fast forward through commercials and boring speeches😜

Esteemed Contributor

I did not watch.  No reason to.  I am not going to listen to political digs of any kind and I bet that is what happened.  

Esteemed Contributor

I missed the opening with Queen but I didn't even recognize Adam Lambert I remember him from American Idol which was almost ten years ago he was one of my favorites.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Having Queen open with Adam Lambert was a brilliant way to open the oscars.  They got the audience revved up.  It also paid homage to a movie that has made almost a billion dollars worldwide.  

On another front I was so disappointed for Glenn Close.  I will say Olivia Coleman in The Favourite along with Rachel Weisz and Emma Stone is a tour de' force of acting.

Respected Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Whoever Christian Toto is, he didn’t hear the same speech I did because I thought that Spike Lee was fantastic.

I think Toto was in Oz.

I also did not hear what he did.

Spike Lee was great

Respected Contributor

I don't know who Christian Toto is, but he obviously heard what he wanted to hear and not what was said in reality. Sad, really!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Re: ReI: What a great way to start the Oscars!

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I'm disappointed that Black Panther didn't win that many awards. I thought it was fantastic.

I like that the awards were spread around. BP won at least 2, didn't they? If not more.

Esteemed Contributor

@123SuzyQ123 wrote:

Two past Idol contestants were singing on the Oscars tonight.  Adam Lambert and Jennifer Hudson - neither of them won their season of Idol, but they both are great singers who have gone much further than some of the Idol winners!  Good job tonight, Adam!!

Both Jennifer and Adam SHOULD have won their seasons. When you have to rely on voters from the population, that's what happens. Where ARE the actual winners now?

Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I'm liking this a lot better without a host.

It moves along faster.

I totally agree ... great without a host .. ran much smoother and shorter ......

Respected Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

I don't know who Christian Toto is, but he obviously heard what he wanted to hear and not what was said in reality. Sad, really!

I googled.  Christian Toto formerly worked for Breitbart and is a conservative pundit who dislikes liberals. He also writes for the Federalist.

A neutral opinion writer he is not!