Honored Contributor

Re: Watching Old Law and Orders

I would have bet money I'd seen every Law and Order ever made.  But I don't remember Eames so I guess not.  I'm also a huge Vincent D'Onofrio fan.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I would have bet money I'd seen every Law and Order ever made.  But I don't remember Eames so I guess not.  I'm also a huge Vincent D'Onofrio fan.  

@depglass  She's Bobby Goren's (D'Onofrio's) partner, Alexandra Eames.

Honored Contributor

Passing through the channels last night, I paused and watched a bit of Law and Order.

The only reason I continued watching was because Dennis Farina was on. 

The episode was about the aftermath of 911 and money families received. It was intriguing how the detectives observed a seemingly unrelated incident and ran with it to solve the murder.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Passing through the channels last night, I paused and watched a bit of Law and Order.

The episode was about the aftermath of 911 and money families received. It was intriguing how the detectives observed a seemingly unrelated incident and ran with it to solve the murder.

@drizzellla  I liked Farina as an actor but IMO he was miscast in this show. He was much too suave, polished, wealthy-looking (clothes, grooming esp his hair,  etc) to make me believe he was a detective working the streets of NYC. He just didn't look the part.  He didn't last long on the show.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

@drizzellla  I liked Farina as an actor but IMO he was miscast in this show. He was much too suave, polished, wealthy-looking (clothes, grooming esp his hair,  etc) to make me believe he was a detective working the streets of NYC. He just didn't look the part.  He didn't last long on the show.

@Pearlee  I agree with you. He was the only detective on any of the Law and Orders that I would not watch. And he always tried to do things on the sly that were against the law and lie about it.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee 

Isn't it interesting, Dennis Farina was an ex-Chicago policeman. He served on the police force for 18 years. He is the only actor on Law & Order (1990) who has actually served in law enforcement.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@Pearlee 

Isn't it interesting, Dennis Farina was an ex-Chicago policeman. He served on the police force for 18 years. He is the only actor on Law & Order (1990) who has actually served in law enforcement.

@drizzellla  Yes it is.  He probably looked more "the part" in those policeman days!

Trusted Contributor

I never understood how they portrayed the Farina character. The fact that they made it a point to talk about his expensive taste and it seemed deliberate. They weren't just teasing him for being well dressed but that it was expensive. Seemed weird since they never told us what the deal was and I kept waiting for the story. Rich ex-wife and alimony? Won an employment lawsuit?