Honored Contributor

Re: Watching Old Law and Orders

@proudlyfromNJ 

Criminal Intent was my favorite too, also the original L&O. Never liked SVU or Olivia and her partner, I thought I was the only one.

Honored Contributor

My favorite L & O partners were Benjamin Bratt and Jerry Ohrbach.

Whatever happened to Benjamin Bratt?  He seems to have disappeared ....

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

Criminal Intent was my favorite too, also the original L&O. Never liked SVU or Olivia and her partner, I thought I was the only one.

@occasionalrain  No, you're not the only one. Can't stand Olivia. Especially when she starts whispering. Love Goren and Eames. 

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 ,

I also very much appreciate VDO, too. He is phenomenal and the character, Bobby Goran, has to be one of the most complex and interesting characters ever to grace a law enforcement procedural.  

I must give all the L&O: CI episodes major kudos because the whole shebang rocked it, every single episode.

dee

good to chat again, AB Heart

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

I like Vincent D'Nofrio but can you imagine what would happen to a female actress if she let herself go the way D'Nofrio did? She's be told to get into shape or be out on her a*s in a New York Minute.

The double standard is still alive and well in some areas of life.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

My favorite L & O partners were Benjamin Bratt and Jerry Ohrbach.

Whatever happened to Benjamin Bratt?  He seems to have disappeared ....

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Unfortunately Jerry Ohrback died of cancer. If you google or check IMDB, you can probably catch up with whatever B. Bratt is doing.

Did anyone ever see the episode of "The X Files" with the baseball-loving alien who was also on one of the Law & Order iterations? One of my favorite X-Files episodes of all time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

I like Vincent D'Nofrio but can you imagine what would happen to a female actress if she let herself go the way D'Nofrio did? She's be told to get into shape or be out on her a*s in a New York Minute.

@GoneButNotForgotten   D'Onofrio. Perhaps they didn't tell him that 

because the show was working him for 14-18 hrs per day, didn't let him attend his own sister's funeral, and made him learn his lines for 3 shows ahead. Certainly no time to exercise and they put tons of stress on him to the point if hospitalization for exhaustion. After he left the show and ratings tanked with Noth and Goldblum, D/i/ c/k Wolf himself called Vince and asked him to do a final season of 8 more shows and D'Onofrio agreed. Yes he was out of shape but the network certainly contributed to that.  They wanted HIM back fir ratibgs, pure and simple; didn't matter what he looked like.  If an actress' character was that popular, it lay not have mattered what she looked like either.

Editing to fix Wolf's first name which got autocensored.

Respected Contributor

What I can't imagine, is someone saying that anyone "let themselves go." 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418 wrote:

What I can't imagine, is someone saying that anyone "let themselves go." 

@mom2four0418  I agree. And wouldn't you just love to know what someone who wrote that looks like?