Honored Contributor

This is another one I started a long time ago, and I'm back and it's super good.

Charlotte Rampling is in it.  She is so good.  First time I saw her was in Orca.  She was/is a beautiful woman, and a great actress.

This is a heart-wrenching show. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Watching Broadchurch now

How are you watching it now?? Do you mean you have it recorded?

Super Contributor

It is on Netfix I have just watched it , so good .

Honored Contributor

Yeup, Netflix

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

This is another one I started a long time ago, and I'm back and it's super good.

Charlotte Rampling is in it.  She is so good.  First time I saw her was in Orca.  She was/is a beautiful woman, and a great actress.

I didn’t find the last season as good as the first two.  Was happy that it ended.  Olivia Coleman is playing the Queen when The Crown comes back in 2019.  She’ll be good. 

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirlwrote:

@qualitygalwrote:

I didn’t find the last season as good as the first two.  Was happy that it ended.  Olivia Coleman is playing the Queen when The Crown comes back in 2019.  She’ll be good. 

And Jodie Whittaker, who played Danny Lattimer's mum in all three seasons, will be the first female Doctor Who.  If you don't watch that show you can't appreciate what a big, big coup that is for her.  Huge. 

Chris Chibnall, who was the showrunner on "Broadchurch," is now showrunner on "Doctor Who" and he personally chose her.

@GSPgirl, I totally agree season three was a letdown.  But not as bad as the awful American remake "Gracepoint," which had David Tennant speaking in an American accent.  Horrible!

Super Contributor

Watched Broadchurch from it's start and was looking forward to the latest season (cut chord so was waiting for netflix to get it).  But the first episode was so very dark that I stopped there.

Should I hang in?  Does it get less gritty or easier to watch?

Honored Contributor

I don't know, but you'll have to trust your own senses on that. @namaste000

Honored Contributor

I loved the series. I’ve seen the three seasons and love how Hardy and Miller interact. Their character chemistry is good. I can still hear David Tennant saying Mill-ah!  Great dialogue and well written.