Honored Contributor

I am beyond words..........I was/am stunned!! By far the best one yet!! Shocking, disgusting, and can't wait for the rest of the season. Glad to see for the arrival of the group but still no Beth. Amazing!!!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Walking Dead season opener

Whew! thanks for posting Wagirl. I thought I might be the only one who watches TWD.

It was pretty gory and nail-biting to say the least. I'm glad Carol was the one to rescue the group even though it seemed pretty far-fetched that she could aim that rocket so well. But I'll take it.

Glad everyone is back together and Judith is safe. I really thought that they wouldn't kill off a baby. But I wasn't sure about Tyrese. He pretty much had me hooting in his favor!!

This is one of my secret sins. I love this show.

Valued Contributor

!Amazing! Loved it

Valued Contributor

All the blood and gore I was hoping for. Even better was being able to travel close to 1000 miles to watch it with a friend I made on these boards. Priceless.
Esteemed Contributor

Amazing episode. Loved the various reunions at the end. Just a great season opener.

Frequent Contributor

Wow did they deliver with the very first episode. I was sweating, biting my nails and about jumping out of my chair during the trough scene. Was glad to see Tyreese not go on the first episode. Also loved the reunions but especially with Darryl and Carol. I saw a great pic on fb with Carol pointing her machine gun towards Terminus and the caption said "Terminus just look at the flowers." This is going to be a great season and Beth will be showing up.

Honored Contributor

I was wondering where all the WD peeps were??{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

I was glad for Carol to do what she did---she has stepped up ever since that wretched husband of hers got offed. And her character never wavered either , good or bad. Glad Rick has snapped out of it too---he needed a swift kick in the a(s)s a few episodes back. I am not so shocked at all the gore much because the story line is so good with comparing how awful things can be and yet there is little Judith, cleanish and well dressed and fed and sweet, to show how horrendous that whole scenario is but reminding folks of how things were. I think I'll watch that episode again before next Sunday just to see what I missed as I was hiding behind my hands thru some of it{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

On 10/14/2014 DianeFL said:

Wow did they deliver with the very first episode. I was sweating, biting my nails and about jumping out of my chair during the trough scene. Was glad to see Tyreese not go on the first episode. Also loved the reunions but especially with Darryl and Carol. I saw a great pic on fb with Carol pointing her machine gun towards Terminus and the caption said "Terminus just look at the flowers." This is going to be a great season and Beth will be showing up.

(bolded by me) Ha! Good one. Love it.

17.3 million viewers! That's encouraging.

I had read, a short while back, that Under the Dumb, er, Dome had 11 million viewers and I just found that truly unbelievable. Glad WD is viewed way beyond that hot mess. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I was ready to TRY (key word) to give this show a try (as my youngest daughter and my other son-in-law and a zillion others) love it.

My son-in-law often listens to me (and admits he's very happy he does) when I introduce him to some of my favorite shows (Banshee, Sons of Anarchy, Justified, etc).

But he found this show a long time ago on his own. He tries (believe me, he's tried) to convince me to watch this show. I just cannot get over the fact that they are zombies walking around. He says "Annabelle, It's the relationship between the people that make it so good". (This from a macho guy).

Then, then, I'm watching one of my favorite shows "Nightline" and they did a special where the guy visited the set of "Walking Dead". he got to get painted with zombie skin and we got to see everyone uglified zombie-like. ugh!

I just can't get over them being zombies. I really want to like it. I would love to join in on you guys because you are all TV lovers (like me). I thought I would catch up this summer, but it didn't happen.

Anyway, I love the way "Walking Dead" lovers love the show. I love reading what you guys put here. I don't understand it but I love your passion about the show and how you get into it.

Maybe one day.

Honored Contributor

On 10/14/2014 annabellethecat said:

I was ready to TRY (key word) to give this show a try (as my youngest daughter and my other son-in-law and a zillion others) love it.

My son-in-law often listens to me (and admits he's very happy he does) when I introduce him to some of my favorite shows (Banshee, Sons of Anarchy, Justified, etc).

But he found this show a long time ago on his own. He tries (believe me, he's tried) to convince me to watch this show. I just cannot get over the fact that they are zombies walking around. He says "Annabelle, It's the relationship between the people that make it so good". (This from a macho guy).

Then, then, I'm watching one of my favorite shows "Nightline" and they did a special where the guy visited the set of "Walking Dead". he got to get painted with zombie skin and we got to see everyone uglified zombie-like. ugh!

I just can't get over them being zombies. I really want to like it. I would love to join in on you guys because you are all TV lovers (like me). I thought I would catch up this summer, but it didn't happen.

Anyway, I love the way "Walking Dead" lovers love the show. I love reading what you guys put here. I don't understand it but I love your passion about the show and how you get into it.

Maybe one day.

HA--you know, I was that way in the beginning of this show too--kind of squeamish about all the gore and but more terrified about the premise of the show, but it's so true--after a few episodes you kind of get used to the gore--just because it's the "new" normal in that world. I agree that it's the story of the characters and how they transform and change or die if they don't. I think the writing is so good and the characters are so well developed. Makes you wonder how you would do or if you would do things different if this happened. Not ever a true horror fan in the past but I do love me some good zombies!!