Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

The way I understand this:  Your gender is how you feel on the inside.  Do you feel like you are a male or a female, regardless of how your organs are on the outside.  Jazz's preferred gender is female.  Your s*xuality is who you are attracted to.  Male to male, male to female, etc.  So, Jazz's gender can be female, and she can have any s*xuality.   Hope this helps.

@Peaches McPhee  It's in the brain, born this way, so somehow the mind and body do not match up for a person in this situation, i.e., female in the brain, male body, or male in the mind and a female body.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@moon_gazer wrote:

This show fascinates me. I understand Jazz has been identifying herself as female since a very young age. As a parent to this child, I would try to be as understanding as I possibly could, but, I think I would have wanted to wait until that child was older to begin the hormones and other aspects of transgendering. 18 seems a bit young in my opinion to have the final step - the serious and complcated surgery. Also, I think they overdo it on the constant genatalia conversations!  It seems to really embarrass Greg, the Dad. 

I wonder what her given name at birth is? Don't think I've ever heard it mentioned. 

@moon_gazer  I don't watch the show, but I believe her name is/was Jared. I don't like the idea of hormones at such a young age either.

I actually think it's something like Jaron.

Super Contributor

@moon_gazer, her given name is Jeron. She talked about it on the show when she went for her driver's permit and was called by her given name. It's an unusual name and I'm not sure of the spelling.

Honored Contributor

@NanaLinda wrote:

@moon_gazer, her given name is Jeron. She talked about it on the show when she went for her driver's permit and was called by her given name. It's an unusual name and I'm not sure of the spelling.

@NanaLinda  Jaron is the correct spelling. Smiley Happy  I think the name can be either male or female.