Honored Contributor

Sleepy Hollow is returning on Friday February 5 on Fox at 8:00. This is returning without any fanfare. Putting it on Friday night I feel doesn't bode well for this show. I think it might be cancelled. 

Honored Contributor

Re: The Return Of Sleepy Hollow

It's been on the cancellation bubble every season and that's definitely a possibility. But the list of shows that have been successful on Friday night includes Grimm, Supernatural, and The X-Files. Those shows are similar to Sleepy Hollow and sci-fi fans tend to be pretty loyal. And with the introduction of the DVR, it really doesn't much matter what night a show is on anymore.

Unfortunately, Sleepy Hollow lost a lot of viewers in the second season and didn't get them all back this season. It also lost viewers during the first part of this season, so Friday night will be a fight for the show. I know I'll be watching. Well... recording, probably.

Sidenote: When Supernatural was on Friday night, I always watched it on Saturday morning. Even though Supernatural moved to Wednesday night years ago, I always save it and watch it on Saturday morning.

Honored Contributor

This show started out on Mondays when it was highly regarded. Then I think it was relegated to Thursday night.  It just seems to me putting it on Friday means the network has lost interest in it. 

Honored Contributor

I hope it stays, I love that show.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

It's been on the cancellation bubble every season and that's definitely a possibility. But the list of shows that have been successful on Friday night includes Grimm, Supernatural, and The X-Files. Those shows are similar to Sleepy Hollow and sci-fi fans tend to be pretty loyal. And with the introduction of the DVR, it really doesn't much matter what night a show is on anymore.

Unfortunately, Sleepy Hollow lost a lot of viewers in the second season and didn't get them all back this season. It also lost viewers during the first part of this season, so Friday night will be a fight for the show. I know I'll be watching. Well... recording, probably.

Sidenote: When Supernatural was on Friday night, I always watched it on Saturday morning. Even though Supernatural moved to Wednesday night years ago, I always save it and watch it on Saturday morning.

Has it been on earlier this season before now?  I happened to see one show a couple of weeks ago that was new to me, but I never saw any advertising for a Season Three until now.  So I'm wondering if I missed the shows this past fall.  I had it on my record list, but we had to get a new satellite system last year and I lost all my recordings.  And  I never saw in the guide where Sleepy Hollow was on, until now.

Honored Contributor

I liked Sleepy Hollow and personally had few choices on Friday.  I often do Netflix then.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Has it been on earlier this season before now?  I happened to see one show a couple of weeks ago that was new to me, but I never saw any advertising for a Season Three until now.  So I'm wondering if I missed the shows this past fall.  I had it on my record list, but we had to get a new satellite system last year and I lost all my recordings.  And  I never saw in the guide where Sleepy Hollow was on, until now.

Yes it came back for a new season in September (I think). Then it took it's Fall finale break and is now coming back.

Honored Contributor

Well that time slot is currently free for me on Friday, although I record a few other shows later. The Originals got moved to Friday also. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I just read in the TV Guide this show is returning on January 6. Crane will be relocating to Washinton, D.C. and have a new team, 3 members. I'm not sure I'm going to like this show now without Abbie. I'll give it a chance but maybe it should have ended last season.