Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@sunshine 919,  I don't know if you like seeing re-creations of the sets and interiors of famous TV shows, but architect Marina Coates Mockingbird Lane site has the floor plan and computer generated interior of the Jeffersons' fabulous apartment.  And she has a separate one showing it all decorated at Christmas time!

Yes I enjoy those.  I watched one about Betwitche's house.  I will definitely watch the one about the jeffersons apartment.  Thanks for the heads upSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Did you know that in real life Weezie was 20 years older than George. 

No I had no idea.  They looked perfect together didn't theySmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Jefferson's, Good Times, Archie Bunker, Sanford and Son,...

Jefferson's, Good Times, Archie Bunker, Sanford and Son, Maude.....Norman Lear produced iconic tv.  A special time in life....

Trusted Contributor

I saw one of the most memorable episodes of The Jeffersons this weekend.

It was the one where there were robberies in the apt building.  And some Ku Klux Klan members were new residents and were trying to get new members from the building to stop Black residents from living there and blaming them for the robberies.

There was a mix-up when Tom Willis thought they were there to stop the robberies.   

George went to the meeting thinking the same.  The head of the KKK at the meeting had a heart attack and needed CPR and George was the only one who knew how to give it.   

It showed how disgusting the KKK members were and the sad fact of the matter, those same feelings exist today.  Nothing has changed.

It was an iconic episode and very very upsetting to watch.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

Antenna TV has a Jeffersons marathon.  I am really enjoying it.  Norman Lear had some great shows with great actors.

@sunshine 919   Last evening, CNN ran the 70's tv, and Normal Lear was a big part, as he had so many great shows.  We stayed home on Saturday nights to watch the great line-up, and The Jeffersons was part of that.  I have since bought seven seasons on dvd, there were eleven, at an inexpensive cost.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Did you know that in real life Weezie was 20 years older than George. 

@Shelbelle   Yes, years later.

Honored Contributor

Marla Gibbs added so much to that series, can't imagine it without her.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

She is still acting at 90, she sometimes makes appearances on Days of Our Lives as Jackee's mother. 

Honored Contributor

@Black Cat Back wrote:

I saw one of the most memorable episodes of The Jeffersons this weekend.

It was the one where there were robberies in the apt building.  And some Ku Klux Klan members were new residents and were trying to get new members from the building to stop Black residents from living there and blaming them for the robberies.

There was a mix-up when Tom Willis thought they were there to stop the robberies.   

George went to the meeting thinking the same.  The head of the KKK at the meeting had a heart attack and needed CPR and George was the only one who knew how to give it.   

It showed how disgusting the KKK members were and the sad fact of the matter, those same feelings exist today.  Nothing has changed.

It was an iconic episode and very very upsetting to watch.

I have seen this episode so many times but it still sends chills up my spine, one of the best and so well written and acted. Nothing funny about this one. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

She is still acting at 90, she sometimes makes appearances on Days of Our Lives as Jackee's mother. 

@Shelbelle   She has or had an acting studio/company.