Honored Contributor

This is another show that has gone to pot this new season, it is no longer her show, it is her brother's.  I can't watch it as he never stops talking.  Bad idea having him take over.

Trusted Contributor

I agree, this shows no interest to me anymore.

@mousiegirl wrote:

This is another show that has gone to pot this new season, it is no longer her show, it is her brother's.  I can't watch it as he never stops talking.  Bad idea having him take over.

Respected Contributor

I could never really get into watching that show but watched a bit last night and noticed that she has really gained weight. She appears to be dealing with alot in her life. Best wishes for her

Honored Contributor

I'm glad you posted this. I really got invested in her story watching all the previous episodes.

I like her and admire her courage to tell her story so openly.

I am not interested in the parents or the rest of the family so much, esp. if it doesn't relate to Jazz and her story. 

Even then I feel like an entire family along for the ride of the show just doesn't always make for interesting tv.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I wonder if she has to take female hormones that could be causing

some of the weight gain ....I know her diet sounded awful .....

Respected Contributor

I felt bad about the weight gain ...having been there myself .....

Honored Contributor

@Big Joanie   She has been taking female Hormones since she was very young.  The female hormones  prevented her from going into male puberty.  That's why she has no male facial hair or deep male voice. 

The  hormones made it difficult for her to transition from male to female.  She did not have enough "material" to use to make her female bits from her male bits because her body was like that of a prepubescent boy.  She has gone through a lot of pain and suffering and mental anguish.

Trusted Contributor
I agree that this show has turned more into about the family than just Jazz. Those boys are jumping on the band wagon. They could leave out the grandparents for sure. Jazz has always had a lot of emotional problems and now the binge eating is another something to deal with. I just don't see her ever going off to college and being structured enough to handle it. I once googled her Dad to see what sort of job he has, but, Jennings is not their real last name.
Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

The dad is an attorney. Their last name can be found on the internet but I can't recall what it is. It's like ten letters long. I feel sorry for Jazz. I'm not sure what the brothers are doing as I haven't seen it lately. I've never cared for the mom.

Honored Contributor

I haven't watch Jazz in a long time, probably the last two seasons.  I  didn't know that there was a new one this year.

I agree about her mother-I found her unlikable on several levels.  However, the family dynamics is important for the whole story so I'm not surprised to read that the brother (Sanders?) is getting more focus.

Overall the story was important for Jazz and considering all the surgery and set-backs, I wish her all the best. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh