Valued Contributor

Re: The Great British Baking Show on ABC

@dulwich wrote:

I recorded it just watched - I love the British show -  two things irritated me - very silly but it is just me - the first the female host who on earth is she - just did not like her at all and second the Chef Judge all the jewelry on his hands very off- putting while sampling food.  Just my thoughts.

Not that all impressed but will give it another chance next week.

Nia Vardalos is the female host--you might remember her from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding".  She is an actress.  The man is her husband, whom I've never seen before.  Perhaps someone can tell us what he's been in?

Respected Contributor

colinka.  - thank you for reply.  I loved that movie did not recognize her at all - why is she and husband hosting a cooking show - are they chefs? 

Honored Contributor

Re: The Great British Baking Show on PBS

I found this on a local channel the other night, though it may still be on PBS.  I really like this show.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Great British Baking Show on PBS

Here's a link to a review by Fusion on the American version of this holiday baking show.  Fusion says it is partially-owned by ABC, the network hosting the holiday baking show.

Nia's husband is/was on Cougar Town.

I find it an accurate review (especially since the writer agrees with me!):  http://fusion.net/story/239865/great-british-bake-off-american-great-holiday-baking-show/

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

colinka.  - thank you for reply.  I loved that movie did not recognize her at all - why is she and husband hosting a cooking show - are they chefs? 

Why didn't any well known chefs host?