Honored Contributor

The Goldfinch on Amazon Prime

Good movie on Amazon Prime Video is The Goldfinch. 

Respected Contributor

Re: The Goldfinch on Amazon Prime

After loving the book I couldn't wait for the movie but then it got such bad reviews.

I loved the movie too.  Perfect cast and amazing how they didn't leave anything out.

I think it would be confusing if you didn't read the book though.  Wasn't crazy about the way it was told in flashbacks. Still highly recommend.

Respected Contributor

Good book.

Respected Contributor

Excellent book/terrible (unwatchable) movie.

Respected Contributor

Agree.  It was a great effort to try to make the movie equal to the book but quite impossible for the loss of so much rich detail.  I felt sorry for anyone watching the movie without knowing the background.  No wonder the reveiws were bad.

In the movie, some characters were given more screen time than the story itself while the story made other characters rich with detail that the movie lost.  

The best way to enjoy this fabulous story is to read the book then watch the movie.  The book is so well written, the choice of wording is a delight all the way through, a total immersion.

Respected Contributor

The Goldfinch was such a controversial Pulitzer Prize selection.  I personally enjoyed the book, but I think it could have used more editing.  The movie was better than expected.  The reviews were not very good.  I think they should have been better.

Honored Contributor

I loved the story but hated to read the gazillion pages - they could have edited 150 pages and it still would have been a meaty book