Regular Contributor

The Disappearance on WGN America

This will air this Summer and it stars Peter Coyote.  It's a six-part mystery around a missing 10-yr old child.  

Respected Contributor

Re: The Disappearance on WGN America

I've always liked Peter Coyote and will have to check if I have that station. 

Respected Contributor

I've always been intrigued by stories of missing people, real or fictional. Plus I like Peter Coyote, so I'll be watching.

Honored Contributor

Oh great! I love a good mystery. I will check it out.  Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Premieres July 9...10P.M.

Honored Contributor

I wanted to bring this thread up to remind anyone interested that it will be premiering next week on 7/9. I've already set it to record. I love a good mystery.

Trusted Contributor

This series is great.  Have not yet seen episode #2 which aired yesterday, but have set DVR.  Shame is only a 6 part series, but I am enjoying.  Love Peter Coyote.

Honored Contributor

I missed the second episode. My dvr did not record it for some strange reason. It's on again tonight so I'll try an record that one.  

I enjoyed the first episode. It kept me interested enough to want to see the next one.

Honored Contributor

I finally watched episode 2. Here's what I think so far:

Spoiler
But I could be way off base with this thought...I think the grandfather might have something to do with the boy's disappearance. The grandfather apparently has some kind of memory issue, maybe dementia. But I think he did something and just doesn't remember. He might have done this to remove the boy from his dysfunctional parents.

Most cases missing children are the result of a family member taking them away. 
Honored Contributor

I saw the show last week for the first time...I think it was on Tuesday evening, but not sure.  I will look at On Demand to see if I can catch up.  I enjoyed the episde I watched...maybe it was the first show, but not sure.