Honored Contributor

Re: The Bachelorette Choses the Ring!

I've never watched this show and now I know why.  I could not believe they said she went to Ashton and his wife for advice?  Are you kidding me?

From what I hear about this woman she is amazing (the life she's led and done) and she's asking THEM for advice?  Come on, what a gimick.....

Esteemed Contributor

@HisElk wrote:

@Shepherd wrote:

Let's hope Peter is NOT the next bachelor. He is a loser! Strung Rachel along to the end! What a loser!!!!

@Shepherd, I don't see it that way.  Peter made it clear he was very interested in Rachel.  He admitted that he felt he was falling in love with her.  He made that clear to her and also the fact that he wasn't sure whether he would decide to propose to her with a ring. It was clear to me that on the finale that Peter really had strong feelings for Rachel, but wanted to take the time (if chosen) to take more time to get to know one another.  He said he wants to do this "one time" and I certainly understand that.  It was obvious that she had more feelings for Peter than Bryan and she wanted him to give into what "she" wanted.  I give him kudos for standing his ground nor do I consider him a "loser".

Never did I see him "stringing her along" - she knew how he felt and knowing that, she could have easily sent him home, but she thought that she could convince him otherwise after sending Eric home.  I was actually surprised that she didn't send Peter home.

In the end, she literally chose the "ring" as some posters have said.  I also wonder how Bryan feels after watching the finale because it certainly would appear that he came in as the "second" choice.  Not a good feeling IMO.

I agree with your 'Peter analysis' - but at the same time he doesn't seem like a good fit for a show like this. He wants to take time, which is realistic and admirable- but the season doesn't last that long!

Honored Contributor

He just was not that into her.

(peter)

plain and simple...

period ...end of statment..Woman LOL

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I ended up not liking her at all at the end.  I found her to be arrogant and a bit angry.  Peter was not that into her.  I think he liked her, but he didn't like her enough.

She kept mentioning that "this process is not for you", and she was trying to do that to have his mindset and the viewers' mindset to NOT choose him as the next Bachelor.  I totally took that away after she made her comments.

I do not think she wants him to have the same experience she did--with all the suitors clamoring for her attention, etc.    She seems super bitter, and I don't think she wants him to be happy. 

She wanted him as he didn't want her.  That's typical in some relationships.  

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@HisElk wrote:

@Shepherd wrote:

Let's hope Peter is NOT the next bachelor. He is a loser! Strung Rachel along to the end! What a loser!!!!

@Shepherd, I don't see it that way.  Peter made it clear he was very interested in Rachel.  He admitted that he felt he was falling in love with her.  He made that clear to her and also the fact that he wasn't sure whether he would decide to propose to her with a ring. It was clear to me that on the finale that Peter really had strong feelings for Rachel, but wanted to take the time (if chosen) to take more time to get to know one another.  He said he wants to do this "one time" and I certainly understand that.  It was obvious that she had more feelings for Peter than Bryan and she wanted him to give into what "she" wanted.  I give him kudos for standing his ground nor do I consider him a "loser".

Never did I see him "stringing her along" - she knew how he felt and knowing that, she could have easily sent him home, but she thought that she could convince him otherwise after sending Eric home.  I was actually surprised that she didn't send Peter home.

In the end, she literally chose the "ring" as some posters have said.  I also wonder how Bryan feels after watching the finale because it certainly would appear that he came in as the "second" choice.  Not a good feeling IMO.

I agree with your 'Peter analysis' - but at the same time he doesn't seem like a good fit for a show like this. He wants to take time, which is realistic and admirable- but the season doesn't last that long!

I disagree.  She wanted you and others to think that.  If he had been into her, he'd have proposed.  He liked her but not enough.  I think if he found the right woman, he'd have moved forward more quickly through the process.  I don't think he wanted to be chosen, and he probably was a bit surprised that she kept asking him back.  He didn't want to look like he was not interested as then he'd look like a real tool.  I also think he'd totally be into being the next bachelor.  The more I saw of him, I liked him.  I do not fault him for not being into her if his heart was not there.  It's nice to see someone who wants one marriage and one proposal.  He seems fairly well grounded.  

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

I ended up not liking her at all at the end.  I found her to be arrogant and a bit angry.  Peter was not that into her.  I think he liked her, but he didn't like her enough.

She kept mentioning that "this process is not for you", and she was trying to do that to have his mindset and the viewers' mindset to NOT choose him as the next Bachelor.  I totally took that away after she made her comments.

I do not think she wants him to have the same experience she did--with all the suitors clamoring for her attention, etc.    She seems super bitter, and I don't think she wants him to be happy. 

She did make a couple of snippy remarks when talking with Peter Monday night. The live tv interaction defintiely showed another side!

Honored Contributor

Just another soap opera show.  All this hoopla and they will be broken up in a few months.

Who in their right mind would go on TV to find a mate? I find the whole show funny and weird.

i can't watch it, but my sister does and she gets wrapped up in it. I'd rather watch paint dry while I read a good book.

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

She did make a couple of snippy remarks when talking with Peter Monday night. The live tv interaction defintiely showed another side!

I listened to a podcast last week.  Heather DuBrow said the exact same thing I was thinking, LOL. She said she was bitter and didn't want him to get to be the next Bachelor. She seems catty and jealous.