Respected Contributor

The Bachelorette Choses the Ring!

Rachel chose the ring!  She said she wanted a proposal and a ring.  She wasn't willing to wait to get to know Peter a little better, even though she told him she loved him. . .  So, she picked her second choice--the one with the ring.

Poor Peter looked like a deer in the headlights on After the Final Rose.  He already knew who she chose, but the audience was left feeling like maybe they would get back together again, since we didn't know she went for the ring.  Chris Harrison even tried to get Peter to say that he still loved her!  What a mess!!!

I guess Peter won't go for being the next Bachelor.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Bachelorette Choses the Ring!

All the drama.  Rachel also told Eric she loves him but she also said she is not "IN" love with him.  Peter will never get married at rate he is going if he had to come on this show to begin with.  I saw Brian select Rachel's ring.  He is a better fit for her.  He is a professional (Chiropractor) and she is a lawyer.  Rachel did grow up in an upper middle class environment.  I also think she prefers Caucasian men and there is nothing wrong with that.  People have choices.  If this works out, this guy will spoil her.  I just hope he is not too controlling.  They would have beautiful children.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

IMO Peter did not want to be chosen.  I think he truly is jonesing to be the next Bachelor

I, too, think Rachel prefers caucasian men.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

She passed on a lot of seemingly nice and impressive black men.

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/television/2017/08/why_rachel_lindsay_s_season_of_the_bachelorett...

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

IMO Peter did not want to be chosen.  I think he truly is jonesing to be the next Bachelor

I, too, think Rachel prefers caucasian men.

One of the TMZ type shows posted his HS yearbook picture- and one of his 'goals' was to be on The Bachelor! I'm sure it was said in jest back then, but how ironic that it could possibly come true.  Although he  seemed truly broken up on last night's show. Woman Frustrated

Frequent Contributor

Could this show be anymore phoney??

Trusted Contributor

I think she chose the right guy for her. The process by which one chooses a lifetime partner in these shows seems unnatural to me.

Esteemed Contributor

If she wanted Bryan all the time, as she claims, why did she keep pushing for Peter to propose and that whole show they put on for their breakup.   To say nothing of how completely nasty she was to him in the ATFR.  I saw her on a couple of blips on the entertainment shows and she seems very resentful of him.  Ashley I. said, and I agree, her ego was bruised that he didn't want to propose to her.  For those who don't know who Ashley I. is, if you watched BIP, she's the dark-haired cryer who was in love with Jared.  She does podcasts now and a weekly thing on the Bachelor and Bachelorette on Access Hollywood.  Social media is having a field day with this and some of the posts are absolutely hilarious.

Regular Contributor

Let's hope Peter is NOT the next bachelor. He is a loser! Strung Rachel along to the end! What a loser!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Shepherd wrote:

Let's hope Peter is NOT the next bachelor. He is a loser! Strung Rachel along to the end! What a loser!!!!

@Shepherd, I don't see it that way.  Peter made it clear he was very interested in Rachel.  He admitted that he felt he was falling in love with her.  He made that clear to her and also the fact that he wasn't sure whether he would decide to propose to her with a ring. It was clear to me that on the finale that Peter really had strong feelings for Rachel, but wanted to take the time (if chosen) to take more time to get to know one another.  He said he wants to do this "one time" and I certainly understand that.  It was obvious that she had more feelings for Peter than Bryan and she wanted him to give into what "she" wanted.  I give him kudos for standing his ground nor do I consider him a "loser".

Never did I see him "stringing her along" - she knew how he felt and knowing that, she could have easily sent him home, but she thought that she could convince him otherwise after sending Eric home.  I was actually surprised that she didn't send Peter home.

In the end, she literally chose the "ring" as some posters have said.  I also wonder how Bryan feels after watching the finale because it certainly would appear that he came in as the "second" choice.  Not a good feeling IMO.