Respected Contributor

Re: TUESDAY'S FOR BARBARA STANWYCK FANS TCM!

@Highlands72  That scene in the Thornbirds where she finally has it out with Dr. Kildare...er, Richard Chamberlain...I mean Father Ralph ... WOW!!!

Respected Contributor

@Oznell  LOVED East Side, West Side -- she was pure class and womanliness.  I didn't enjoy The Strange Loves of Martha Ivers as much, but the contrast between her characters in both those films opposite Van Heflin shows how truly magnificent she was.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Oznell for the great suggestions.

If you haven't already seen it may I suggest "Sorry, Wrong Number." Barbara was so good in that film. I always love watching it.

Honored Contributor

Exactly, @vsm!   She was compelling to watch (and listen to-- you're so right about the voice, @Catiele) whether playing a sweetheart, or a villain like "Martha Ivers".  Oh, and she played memorably against Van Heflin in at least one other movie--   "B.F.'s Daughter".

@Trinity11, thank you, I meant to put "Sorry, Wrong Number" on my list!   How perfect was she as the frightened, slightly neurotic, isolated invalid in that?  Nice off-beat role for Burt Lancaster too...

Honored Contributor

Oh, cool!  The icing on the cake.  Veteran character actor, adorable William Conrad (later of TV "Cannon" fame) just popped up as "Detective Jacoby",  an old friend of Van Heflin, investigating the murder.  I had totally forgotten he was in this, there are so many 'goodies' in this film...

Respected Contributor

I loved Barbara in The Thorbirds and in Sorry Wrong Number, among other great shows. I just watched her in Charlie's Angels. As good as always. I forgot she was in one of these episodes. Great as always, especially wearing a beautiful red dress with her white hair.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Valued Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

I loved Barbara in The Thorbirds and in Sorry Wrong Number, among other great shows. I just watched her in Charlie's Angels. As good as always. I forgot she was in one of these episodes. Great as always, especially wearing a beautiful red dress with her white hair.

--

Interesting. I didn't know she had ever appeared on "Charlie's Angels." I think that show might be on one of my channels. I will look it up on imdb and make a note to catch it if it ever shows up on the schedule again.

Thanks for bringing it to my/our attention.

Respected Contributor

@Highlands72 wrote:

@Coquille wrote:

--

Interesting. I didn't know she had ever appeared on "Charlie's Angels." I think that show might be on one of my channels. I will look it up on imdb and make a note to catch it if it ever shows up on the schedule again.

@Highlands72 We're in NY and its on right now on channel 503, MeTV. I hope you'll find it. I DVR the show and watch it at some point. We really enjoy it.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Coquille wrote:

@Highlands72 wrote:

@Coquille wrote:

--

@Highlands72 We're in NY and its on right now on channel 503, MeTV. I hope you'll find it. I DVR the show and watch it at some point. We really enjoy it.

Great!  I do have MeTV, and I will check my local schedule for the time.