Honored Contributor

THE FUGITIVE "DEVIL'S CARNIVAL" DAVID JANSSEN WARREN OATES MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

MV5BOTgwYzIwNmItZjU2MC00YTEwLWEyMzgtOTM0Yjg0YjRjMDJlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODY2NDUyNjI@._V1_.jpg

2:00 a.m. Eastern Monday MeTV   The Fugitive  "Devil's Carnival"  David Janssen, Warren Oates, Madeleine Sherwood, Philip Abbot

Gang, me faced with this episode, is epitomized by David Janssen's expression above with Warren Oates!

This is one of those episodes I could barely watch in the past, and simply could not again this time, although I tried.

Another stereotypical small town, churlish or petty residents, whose behavior is thrown into high relief in contrast to the quiet comportment of Dr. Kimble.

Rowdy Warren Oates draws Kimble into the drama surrounding his return to his hometown, with predictably disruptive results.

As usual, there are fine actors involved-- Warren Oates, who we haven't seen since his colorful turn in "Rat in a Corner",  Madeleine Sherwood, Philip Abbott.

fugep44sc04.jpg

It will be interesting to see what others have to say about this one.  Yea or nay, I'll look forward to the variety of opinion.

Streaming free on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_iylfRNyBk

I'm not too discouraged, since, unlike what I was expecting of the next few shows, at least next week there's a very bright spot, a soulful episode with Janis Paige that is terrific!

Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "DEVIL'S CARNIVAL" DAVID JANSSEN WARREN OATES MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN ME

@Oznell. I do love next week's show and knew it was coming up soon, so I did wonder at your earlier remark about the next stretch of Season 2 not being too good. Now I'm glad to know you like next week's as I do too.

I'm not remembering tomorrow's at all, although I'm sure it will come back once I start the video. As you know, I've seen them all several times, some of course a lot more times than others.
Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "DEVIL'S CARNIVAL" DAVID JANSSEN WARREN OATES MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN ME

@Oznell  I do understand although for me it wasn't the worst.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Yes, @Pearlee ,  I was overlooking that one somehow when I made that comment!  Glad to know you're a fan too.  We'll have fun with that one.

Honored Contributor

Oh, good, @Tique ,  I'll be looking forward to your critique.

I didn't want to be too much of a downer in my alert, but had to be honest!  Kept trying to force myself to go on with the video, but, after a while, no go!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell - this is a first - an episode you can't watch again!

My DVR is set and I'm curious about this one.

Honored Contributor

Yup, @twinsister ,  I think I'll have a few of those before we're through!  Looking forward to what you'll think of it...

Honored Contributor

Watched it last night. I got through it and did remember it once I started watching it but I've only seen it one or two other times over these almost 60 years for a good reason. And I'm not going to watch it again.👎

Redeeming part of the show: DJ looked very handsome. He didn't have as many scenes as he usually does and looked well rested. 😄 ❤

Speaking of which, DJ was the only person who was in all 120 episodes of TF. He really carried a load and it's no wonder he was exhausted after 4 years and wanted to end the show.
Honored Contributor

Ha, ha, @Pearlee --  right?   A dud.   But you've given me a reason, finally, to like the episode--  DJ got in some much-needed rest!  I might have to go back and find a somewhat bearable scene that has him in it, just to see more of him looking that way....

Honored Contributor

@Oznell. You don't have to bear much of it. We get a rare look at Kimble smiling and laughing right at the beginning when Oates just picks him up and tells his moonshine story. Right there I thought DJ looks really good! So it'll only take five minutes or fewer, after all the intro stuff.