Regular Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "DARK CORNER" DAVID JANSSEN, TUESDAY WELD MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

@Tique @Oznell @Pearlee @twinsister @drizzellla 

It must be regional.  I watched this episode on ME and saw the scenes that were cut in your area. I don’t know where everybody lives but I’m out West  PST.

i remember Kimmel checking the gears and saying to Mattie that they are fine, Bob having the conversation with Mattie talking about the death of Sam and then Mattie saying she loved him and not to leave, blah, blah, blah. And then Bob went to pick up Clara.  The sequence may be different, but the scenes were there

Idk, it might just be they had to make room for the commercials in your area.  I have Comcast if that means anything.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "DARK CORNER" DAVID JANSSEN, TUESDAY WELD MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

@Oznell Thanks, you are a real gem.  So glad you’re on this thread.  I will be and look forward to watching TF this week.

So glad you posted Village of the Damned and The Bad and the Beautiful.  I was cut out of TCM like yesterday’s news, but on the bright side i have seen most of these movies.  The Bad and the Beautiful was one of the best pictures Hollywood ever produced.  IMO I would have to put it along side Casablanca and In A Lonley Place.

Interestingly enough, I saw an interview with Drew Barrymore and Robert Osbourne, where she said she didn’t like The Bad and the Beautiful as she felt it was about her family and the studio took dramatic license.  Robert looked at her like, get real, it’s only a movie, but Drew stuck to her guns.  

As for myself, I really loved this movie, but then I’m not a Barrymore!

Honored Contributor

@chloe4578  thanks for letting us know the scenes I mentioned were shown in your area. I'm in the Midwest.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@chloe4578 wrote:

@Tique @Oznell @Pearlee @twinsister @drizzellla 

It must be regional.  I watched this episode on ME and saw the scenes that were cut in your area. I don’t know where everybody lives but I’m out West  PST.

i remember Kimmel checking the gears and saying to Mattie that they are fine, Bob having the conversation with Mattie talking about the death of Sam and then Mattie saying she loved him and not to leave, blah, blah, blah. And then Bob went to pick up Clara.  The sequence may be different, but the scenes were there

Idk, it might just be they had to make room for the commercials in your area.  I have Comcast if that means anything.

I did not watch the episode on ME TV last Monday. I watched on Youtube. So not sure what was shown on ME TV in my area.

But I will say that when I do watch on ME TV there are very few commercials. And they are quick. I had learned not to try and do anything during commercials because I would miss some of the show.

Glad to hear you saw the entire episode.

Honored Contributor

Wow, @Tique ,  @chloe4578 ,   @drizzellla --  thanks for giving the various MeTV  "editing practices" for your areas.

Sounds like @Tique@Pearlee ,  possibly @twinsister  and I have the worst of it--  I think we've all complained of the draconian cuts for commercials.  @Tique ,  that is scandalous that they cut this much out of this particular episode.  I haven't watched my recording, only saw youtube, so was spared the "butchering".

Sounds like @chloe4578  and @drizzellla are less affected-- yay!   Too bad the practices in your areas don't go nation wide....

Quick aside:  That's interesting what Drew Barrymore said about "The Bad and the Beautiful",  @chloe4578 .   Diana Barrymore, on whom Lana's character was supposedly based, certainly had a sad life.  I understand family concern about their portrayal in film, but, come on.  I also don't find Drew's insights about movies especially compelling-- TCM needs to go back and get commentators like director William Friedkin, or critic Molly Haskell.   They were great.

End of rant.

Honored Contributor

@chloe4578. Thanks for your comment about MeTV not editing in your area. It makes a lot of sense. We knew that some local areas preempt TF altogether on ME, so it also makes sense that some can sell more advertising than others for that dreadful 2:00 a.m. time slot. My local station even has some of its own promos during TF. I'm in the midwest like Tique and TF is definitely edited. The party scene in The Girl From Little Egypt was cut for sure which I remember because oznell mentioned it and it's my favorite epi.
Honored Contributor

@Oznell :

How is your son?

Honored Contributor

Oh, @drizzellla ,  I just saw your comment in the other thread--  sorry I missed this kind inquiry of yours!   Sometimes I lose track of threads and don't see all posts, especially those near the end of the thread.  Anyway, thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Oh, @drizzellla ,  I just saw your comment in the other thread--  sorry I missed this kind inquiry of yours!   Sometimes I lose track of threads and don't see all posts, especially those near the end of the thread.  Anyway, thanks!

Oznell - No big deal. I was just concerned that maybe you didn't want to talk about it. But since everything is good. There are alot of subjects to chatter about.

Honored Contributor

Good, @drizzellla ,  am glad you saw my response in the other thread.  Doubly glad your husband doing well!