Esteemed Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@VanSleepy   why were you rooting for her to loose?

Hi @Teddixat . Because I got very tired of and bored with watching her day after day.  I enjoy some contestants' long winning streaks but not others.  I found her dull, same as Ken nearly 20 years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Spoiler Alert Jeopardy

[ Edited ]

@Tribesters   I just can't see how you think she wasn't trying.  She had at least $27,000 going into the final round and he had I believe $17,000 or $19,000.   He was a formidable challenger and she lost by the amount she wagered.   Up until then she was doing very well.  Who in their right mind wants to loose.   Some have said they knew it was Bangladesh right away.   I certainly had to think long and hard about it.  Maybe she just drew a blank as we all have done even on simple things.  She said she has been struggling with the final jeopardy answer of late and she has.  The only difference was until last night she was so far ahead it didn't matter if she lost.  Last night was different.

what troubles me is how many folks here seemed to be rooting for her to lose - why I don't understand.   She was a delightful contestant.  Not arrogant and not  trying to run the categories by starting with the highest dollar amounts like some of the others.   Oh well.  That's my take.   

Respected Contributor

I see the person who beat her is a librarian.  A librarian beat James H., too. 

Valued Contributor

Welp, I guess I’m the only dummy on this thread because I didn’t know the answer to the final question. I would point out that the woman who placed third didn’t come up with it either and I find it hard to believe she was faking ignorance.

Amy has missed a few final answers. A while back all three contestants missed the answer to what state housed a memorial in a volcanic crater. I got Hawaii immediately. Certainly doesn’t mean they were throwing the game. These players  aren’t machines; they experience stress, fatigue, personal distractions we know nothing about and yes, have gaps in their knowledge base like we do.

I’ve enjoyed watching Amy’s run as a winner and admire her courage to present herself honestly in such a cruel world. It’s very hard to be born different in any way especially in this callous age of bullying mixed with massive hypocrisy. No one would willingly choose such a hard path. For Amy to have come to terms with it and found peace and satisfaction in her life is a great accomplishment and I would imagine she has given hope to others who are quietly struggling.

Respected Contributor

@spumoni99   Matt appeared to be off on his last appearance.  It has been discussed that he might have not been on his top game.  

Amy gave off the same.    In her after show interviews, she did say that she was lagging.  

Whatever the reason, she was terrific, and  look forward to her on the championship games.  What television!!

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

@nevergivesup @THANK YOU.   I totally agree and I posted similar comments.   I'm gobsmacked at some of the comments about this woman and the suggestion she wanted to lose or that somehow being robbed she was ready to go home.  Oy!!!

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat  And I'm gobsmacked that others shouldn't have a different opinion than you. 

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ   And you are entitled.  I never said you weren't - just sad really.

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ   And you are entitled.  I never said you weren't - just sad really.

@Teddixat  Now my opinion is sad? Good grief.