Respected Contributor

Re: Spoiler Alert Jeopardy

[ Edited ]

@Tribesters @proudlyfromNJ 

I, too, said to my DH at the start of the show that Amy didn't seem to be with it.   She didn't click in before the other two.  However, she did well in the Double round.  She looked upset when the man got the double jeopardy question correctly.  

I was completely surprised that she didn't get the Final jeopardy answer correct, as she had always done well with questions about countries.  To me, it was as though the air went out of the balloon. 

I liked  her and had hoped she would continue to win.  She did give off that Matt vibe when he lost.  

Props for all she has accomplished though.  

ETA-Maybe this show was recorded around the time Amy was robbed.  She did seem off even when the contestants were talking about themselves.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

@luvzchiz wrote:

@Tribesters @proudlyfromNJ 

I, too, said to my DH at the start of the show that Amy didn't seem to be with it.   She didn't click in before the other two.  However, she did well in the Double round.  She looked upset when the man got the double jeopardy question correctly.  

I was completely surprised that she didn't get the Final jeopardy answer correct, as she had always done well with questions about countries.  To me, it was as though the air went out of the balloon. 

I liked  her and had hoped she would continue to win.  She did give off that Matt vibe when he lost.  

Props for all she has accomplished though.  

ETA-Maybe this show was recorded around the time Amy was robbed.  She did seem off even when the contestants were talking about themselves.  

What do you mean about the Matt vibe?  I dont always watch so I might be missing something?  I was surprised I am never good at the questions and I even guessed Bangladesh, she was for sure off tonight.  I was happy for the winner though.

Respected Contributor

They film 5 shows per day.  Maybe she (and Matt) were just tired after so many days of so many shows.

Honored Contributor

Both my DH and I immediately got the correct answer to the final question and thought it was so easy that no one would miss it.

We were shocked that she didn't get it, but she's done remarkably well and I do think after a while the contestants just get burned out, filming five shows in a row.

Kudos to the new champ.  Let's see how long he lasts!

Honored Contributor

@layla2450 wrote:

NOT sad that SHE lost!!!!

@layla2450 - Are you making some sort of pointed comment here?  Some innuendo?  Just wondering.

Valued Contributor
I was surprised and yet the challenger came on and maybe Amy was done- hard to know. I think she was an amazing champ. Bangladesh-Maybe DH got it due to awareness from George Harrison benefit. Maybe they'll figure out a way for Ken to battle Amy? And Ken's performance continues to grow on me, Love Jeopardy, less crazy about current pop culture trivia. The Professors' Tournament had strong gotta-know classic Q&As, I liked that. Wow.
Valued Contributor
I struggled with how to title this thread & respect those who would watch it soon thereafter. Big country. Big news in my world!
Honored Contributor

Amy Schneider’s ‘Jeopardy!’ Reign Ends

After a 40-game streak, she lost to a librarian from Chicago, Rhone Talsma, who came out ahead in Final Jeopardy.

We will see her in the Fall for Tournament of Champions!
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Honored Contributor

Our local channel,3 in the Grand Rapids area, cut it before the end,but we did see her lose. Very sad.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....