Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain  You're probably right.  He seems like he thinks he a player!  Ugh!

I remember the fiasco with GG and how upset she was about the whole thing.

My business partner is Persian (he's from Iran).  Very interesting.  When his daughter got married for the first time (it took 3 times and the last was to another Persian) we went to the wedding and there were 600 people there!

We got tired of waiting to eat.  I had to deal with him after my husband died.  I thought I'd lose my mind.  No women in his life other than wife and daughter.  

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I just heard on TMZ today (Nov 2015) that Mike and his wife are getting a divorce.

I went to the website and supposedly she was upset because 2 years ago he cheated on her.

Those of you who watch the show, do you remember the big fight that carried on the entire year where the other member of the show (GG).  I wonder if that's who they are talking about?

I find that hard to believe because that is old news.  People magazine showed a picture of his soon to be wife (days after announcing the divorce) was walking hand in hand with another guy.

She converted to Judaism for him, I do remember that.

@Annabellethecat66  Mike is a huge you know what!  She will find someone who is deserving of her, but this dude is a loser!  I always think a guy who has to have so many girls is insecure in his manhood, but I also know that it can be cultural.  He obviously wasn't man enough to admit his infidelities, and to hold off on the marriage instead of putting her through so much.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  I wonder if she will continue to practice the Jewish faith.  She seemed like he only did it for him.  

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

In today's world they are called Iranians, that is why they are in the US!!!

@Hooty

that is not why they are in the US and many of them love being called persians!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

some people think that she married him to put her name out there.....to get noticed. he had been cheating on her from pretty much the beginning. there were so many sites and women that came out of the woodwork to talk. evidently she chose not to believe him and evidently he is not the marrying kind, at least not now. less than a year of marriage? she should have known better. looks like he will be featured on the new season and SHE will not be.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

My partner and those that work for him, my son-in-law, my (and his, same person) call themselves Persians.

I a 50/50 partnership in business you refer to the other person as to what they call themselves.  He and those above refer to themselves as Persians.  

I always felt comfortable following their lead when referring to them (as they did) as Persians.

Honored Contributor

@SANNA wrote:
I like to watch this show, it is my guilty pleasure just to see how deliciously LA culture turns the obedient Iranians into the drunks and degenerates .,how the once great culture of poets and philosophers is reduced to just gold, booze and Chanel ( a must ). Happy Purim to me.

@SANNA

back in iran the gold, the chanel, the fancy cars, and the designer stuff are all quite popular now and have been before......even through all of that the CULTURE of poets, musicians,  and philosophers is still very prevalent. it is just difficult to see sometimes because of the messed up government.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

i have yet to meet an iranian that didnt like to be called PERSIAN.

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:
I love the show too. I would love to see As a write a cookbook ( the food they eat looks fabulous and I love Middle Eastern cuisine. As a seems to be the most domesticated, but she clearly loves to cook). I adore Reza: he is funny and very wise. I can't say I will miss Lilly too much: I found myself bored with her and we really didn't get to know her on a personal level. It's going to be interesting to see if Gigi' therapy has helped her.....she has got some serious issues..... Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2

if you want a very good and beautiful persian cookbook i highly recommend FOOD OF LIFE.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@SANNA wrote:
I like to watch this show, it is my guilty pleasure just to see how deliciously LA culture turns the obedient Iranians into the drunks and degenerates .,how the once great culture of poets and philosophers is reduced to just s was gogold, booze and Chanel ( a must ). Happy Purim to me.

@SANNA

back in iran the gold, the chanel, the fancy cars, and the designer stuff are all quite popular now and have been before......even through all of that the CULTURE of poets, musicians,  and philosophers is still very prevalent. it is just difficult to see sometimes because of the messed up government.

I know, I know ....my parents best friends used to work there when the last Shah Reza Pehlavi was in power. They had a good time there, the country was very western oriented, mostly adoring French and Italian culture, fashions and cinema.

Then everything went down to a toilet. A thug like Ahmaddinajad is a good example . It's hard to write great poetry when you have terrorists and fanatics in power. The last era of the great Persian poets was gone centuries ago. No more Omar Khayyam for them, he would probably be killed today in Iran because of his fondness of wine.