Honored Contributor

Re: Season 2 of Big Little Lies starts tonight on HBO at 9pm

@colliemom4 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

Is the actor who plays Reese’s husband  Wes Bentley, who played the weird kid next door in the Kevin Spacey movie, American Beauty?

I guess I should not be lazy and look it up.

@LilacTree  It's not Wes Bentley. His name is Adam Scott. American Beauty was one of my favorite movies.

you got it right. Not Wes Bentley.  They sure look alike though.  I also thought American Beauty was an outstanding movie.@colliemom4

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

I may be the only one, but I think this season is slow.  Are there only 6 episodes? If so it's half over.  It seems like it is building up to a big final show, but not much seems to be happening.  I think Laura Dern is great and entertaining.  I also noticed Nicole's accent.  During the counseling I was questioning was her character really from Austrailia.

Honored Contributor

Bumping this up for someone.

Esteemed Contributor

Ugh - I’m so tired of Mary Louise. I guess I understand the reason for her character, but she just sucks the light out of the scenes she’s in.

Party was fun.

I miss the old Renata/Madeline fights from season 1.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok, just saw third episode.  Wow!  Don’t want to say much else that could ruin it for anyone.  Just dont miss it!

Also had a realization as to the show being 45 minutes instead of an hour.  It’s possible it could be shown on network TV someday, and that 15 minutes would be commercial time.  All network shows are really only 45 minutes for that reason.

ETA:  Yes, it was the fourth episode.  I also loved the disco theme party.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Tonight's episode was the 4th episode. There are going to be 7 this season. I thought tonight's show was great. It was very intense and I loved the 70's birthday party.

Esteemed Contributor

Ugh- I already typed a response, but iPhone couldn’t connect to the server and dropped it.  I’m sure I’m going to forget something!!

I had to read a recap just to understand those last two scenes.  And, frankly, unless the recapper was wrong, I’m even more confused about one of them! (Ed in the bar).

Seems like they’re changing the Bonnie backstory slightly from the book.

I don’t like how they’ve written Renata’s character these last few weeks.  I know she’s going through a lot with the bankruptcy but still! She was called the Medusa and wanted to take MaryLouise’s head off upon meeting her in the 2nd episode.  But, now she’s trying to broker peace between ML and Celeste? Just not in character.

Not my favorite episode.  I’m also kind of sick of the lie.

Speaking of Mary Louise - there’s chatter about how Perry’s brother died.  Thought is that Perry did it, Mary Louise wouldn’t believe it so her husband left them.  But, I wonder if that’s too obvious.  I wonder if it was Mary Louise who did something and has been suppressing her explosive tendencies ever since.  And she can’t believe that Perry may have ended up like her.  I’m probably wrong! LOL

Two more weeks left and I feel like we still have a lot of ground to cover.

Honored Contributor

Last night’s episode was very confusing to me. I think I have to watch it again before I comment on it.

Formerly Ford1224
Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree That’s why I had to read a recap.  I don’t think even watching twice would have helped me in the Ed bar scene!  It’s all about who the woman is - and the man watching them!  Still makes no sense to me.

I think I also blinked during Bonnie outside the police station because I missed the relevance of that possible reveal. 

Next week is expected to be even more intense! (So says the actor playing Mary Louise’s lawyer)

Trusted Contributor

Jane’s boyfriend was at the police station. That is what Bonnie saw.