Valued Contributor

I enjoy watching the Voice. I can't figure out why the winner on this show never gets the career that some of the winner of American Idol have had.

Honored Contributor

@elruth wrote:

I enjoy watching the Voice. I can't figure out why the winner on this show never gets the career that some of the winner of American Idol have had.

Maybe the record company doesn't give the winner the support and promote them as they should. It has been a long time since American Idol has had a breakout star. 

Honored Contributor

The last contestant Thunderstorm is the real deal, I loved him, I think he will go far in the competition.

Honored Contributor

Re: Season 18 The Voice

[ Edited ]

I'm watching last night's episode and Kelly just said that this season they have teams of ten.  How many did they have on their teams last season?

Edited to say:  I just Googled this, and it looks like they used to have 12 team members.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@elruth wrote:

Maybe the record company doesn't give the winner the support and promote them as they should. It has been a long time since American Idol has had a breakout star. 

@Jordan2  that's exactly what Adam Levine used to say in interviews- the show isn't connected to the industry [like Idol is]. Although Idol  hasn't produced a major star for a good long time either! Maybe it's the fickle nature of the industry? 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm enjoying Nick Jonas- him being there is getting my daughter to watch the show with me a little more than past seasons!! Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: Season 18 The Voice

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

The last contestant Thunderstorm is the real deal, I loved him, I think he will go far in the competition.

I agree @Jordan2 .  Thunderstorm was great.  He and Joanna Serenko, an 18 year old from St. Louis that was on last week are my favorites so far.  They could both easily be in the finals.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I am really enjoying the show this season....i like ALL FOUR judges for once and they all seem to get along well.....even John L. seems like he is enjoying himself more and always liked Blake and Kelly is so quick with her wit AND she always knows every word to every song the contestants are singing...it is amazing......Wasn't expecting too much from Jonas......but he has been pretty entertaining also......

Have only seen a couple of the contestants that i really like....will have to see what the next group brings...

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I agree @Jordan2 .  Thunderstorm was great.  He and Joanna Serenko, an 18 year old from St. Louis that was on last week are my favorites so far.  They could both easily be in the finals.

@NickNack   Thunderstorm is there! Woman LOL He is incredibly talented. 

There are hardly any posts for The Voice, now that we're in finale week is anyone still watching? Remote shows kind of lose something,  but music is my therapy through the pandemic. I appreciate it all! Woman Happy

For those who watched tonight, Micah's original song seemed so familiar, I couldn't place it though. Did anyone else?  I think he was very much 'inspired' elsewhere!

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114   I'm still watching, although I haven't watched last night's show yet.  I record them and watch them the next day.  There's another thread about The Voice. I still like Thunderstorm the best. https://community.qvc.com/t5/TV-and-Movies/The-Voice-Live-Shows/m-p/6102032#M412153

-Henry David Thoreau