Esteemed Contributor

I just sat for hours watching this funny comedian SEBASTIAN MANISCALCO on utube.  If you are Italian of a certain age, you will relate to that humor, but he does different subjects.  His pharmacy skit and Airport one, or going to a strangers house for dinner.  So funny

Then I watched THE DEAN MARTIN TV  SHOW from the 70,S.   The stars of that era were so funny and talented. No  four letter words, they could sing without all  the stuff going on to help them sing. Their humor was funny, not sick.  Just good entertainment.  I remember I couldn,t wait until it came on.  I have not watch anything but utube tonight and really laughed out loud.  My dog thinks I went bonkers.  I lost myself For awhile from the sadness of this  world we live in today.

For me so much better than the doom and gloom shows on TV today.

A friend told me about this.  She has not had TV  for 26  years.  She refuses to pay the cable prices, so she keeps internet and watches withheld streems.  I am thinking of doing the same.  When I started cable it was 36. Mo. Now, i,m over 200.  For a person on fixed income and elderly, can,t afford it.  I don,t watch all those channel's.   

I,m from the day we had 2,3,4,5,7,  That,s it..  If I could get that and add 9 PBS., I would be thrilled.  I am going to try.I

Anyway check out that comic for laughs

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcaddition  If you want to watch some free movies and shows, check out Tubi and Vudu. Both have free content, and Vudu also has content that costs money, if you wish to rent or purchase stuff that isn't available for free.

I also have Netflix and Hulu. (These are inexpensive monthly subscription services.)

With these four services and YouTube, I haven't missed cable.

I know some people want to watch their local news, but I just look it up online if I want to know what's going on locally.  And some of the local stations have their own YouTube channels as well.

Cable is too expensive, and the stations aren't putting out enough quality content.  I would rather spend less money and have plenty to watch than spend a ton of money for a few good shows/movies + a bunch of garbage.

I can watch on my laptop, or connect my laptop to the t.v. with an HDMI cable.  My t.v. in my living room is a smart t.v., so I can connect that to the internet if I want.

computer squirrel | Meme Generator

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

I have watched Sabastian ... very funny .. I enjoyed it ....

Respected Contributor

A few years ago while visiting my daughter we watched his comedy shows at night on Netflix and he is so funny.  I wish Netflix would get some new shows for him since I’ve watched all the old ones several times. 

Honored Contributor

he is funny

I think there is a skit of his going to a Seder 

funny funny

Respected Contributor

I don't find all comics funny but Sebastion is very funny.  

Esteemed Contributor

He is fabulous. So funny and not vulgar. 

Honored Contributor

He is funny, though I can get tired of him too.

You can watch so many free and interesting and all kinds of stuff on free streaming like others have said.

Peacock is good too!

You probably need someone to help you set up a Roku or similar-I did-like a son in law or daughter or someone who thinks its easy!

Yes it is a very different strange world today.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition I saw sebastian in person before the pandemic.  It was lots of fun.  He is upto date in his conversation and uses few "bad" words.  We had a great time.  I recommend John Pinnette who has passed away, but his is awfully funny.  Here's a link if the Q will allow it.  But you can also google....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEjbMw9ol2Q

Esteemed Contributor

I am going to look in the suggestions because for a senior or anyone 200 a month is too much to pay. 

My son's s wife's son is good at that stuff of hooking up a roku or other devices and I have a smart TV, so I will see if he can help me.  I looked at hulu's free one month offer and will sign up to see what they offer.

Also, Netflex and prime.  Adding them and cutting cable will be cheaper.  

I was also watching the old Dean Martin shows, like I mentioned.  Was so funny and entertaining.  Especially the one with Victor Borge where they sang to the decmials(sp)?

So funny.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.