Trusted Contributor

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to view SYFY shows on Roku.  All I can get a short previews.  No pop ups to register or suscribe and I can't find any info on the web or Roku site.  Thanks for any help.

Contributor

I'm not sure you can watch full episodes on Roku. On their site, it describes the Roku channel as one where you can watch clips:

"The Syfy channel on Roku gives you access to a whole world of exciting videos from all of Syfy's programs. From webisodes to behind the scenes clips to sneak peeks and more, you can go deeper into the world of your favorite Syfy shows."

Their website specifically calls out being able to watch full episodes via their app that's available on things like the iPad and Xbox. You need to log in with your cable subscription info in order to view anything, though. 

Do do you already subscribe to Syfy via cable?  This link may help with more info: http://www.syfy.com/apps

Trusted Contributor

Re: SYFY of Roku

[ Edited ]

Super Contributor

I am a roku user, but not a viewer of syfy.

However, there are other channels on roku that you can only view if you already subscribe to that channel thru a cable company.  They ask for the name of cable co and your cable ID and password before you can view the programs offered.  

Honored Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

thanks...that is the same info i found but thought maybe i was missing something.  i'm not ready to suscribe to any more that what i have now.  Syfy is on my cable line up thru TWC.  thank you for taking the time to respond.

When I had Time Warner, I could watch SyFy shows and movies through Time Warner's OnDemand channel. The price was included with my digital HD cable, so I didn't have to pay per movie.