Honored Contributor

Re: SURVIVOR--EDGE OF EXTINCTION--Possible spoilers

@Pook wrote:

While I haven't found the past few seasons very exciting and quit watching each after a couple of weeks, this seems intriguing.

@Pook 

i have been the same way.

i did like this first episode. interesting twist.....looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

i HATE how they almost ALWAYS target the older players.

would love to see some statistics on first few voted out and their ages.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I really enjoyed tonight's show - especially seeing JOE Heart  Can't wait to see how this twist plays out. Gardenman's comments were hysterical. I hate having to wait a full week to see the next episode.

Trusted Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

It's only one hour?  I'm looking forward to it.

Isn't Aubrey one of the returning players?  I liked her past season.

@Bri369  yes.

Joe (yum) - third time

Aubry - third time

Kelly Wentworth (not to be confused with Kelly Wigglesworth) - third time

David Wright - second time.  He played Millenials vs. Gen X.  He's the neurotic comedy writer who thinks he's Cochran but we all know there's only one Cochran!

Love Cochran!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think Reem was targeted due to her age, I think it was her annoying personality that did her in. She actually talked her way into eviction during that tribal. Had she been less aggressive they might have gone with Wendy. 

It's like she just couldn't help herself. She was bringing back memories of last season's Natalie who was never able to see she was her own worst enemy. Even as she was walking down the path, with no one to listen to her, she never shut up. 

I kept hoping she'd take the other path...the one that would lead her home. Smiley Very Happy

Oh, and I loved Jeff's torch extinguisher thingie. It was shaped like a claw. So creepy! Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree Joe is yum to look at.  

Aubrey is still wearing the same ugly shirt covering her bodice while her cheeks hang out in the back.  Not a good look.  At least cover your butt cheeks too.   

Reem, clearly obnoxious and her comment of I wasn't going tell anyone my age or that I was a mom....she's deluded.  She looks her age and acts crochety. 

Respected Contributor

@DrKelli, @LoriLori   -  Hello!  So excited Survivor has begun!

Interesting twist last night at the end, but Reem just kept droning on and on at tribal and she should have just shut up, I couldn't take it anymore!  Love that Joe is back and hope he sticks around, because he's just dreamy to watch.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Not respecting other people's stuff is just stupid and earned Reem her extinction. If I hang a shirt in a tree and then go back and it's gone, whoever took it, for whatever reason, is in trouble. Reem just played very poorly and made herself a big target. Doing stuff like that in the real world will get you in trouble, so why do it when your survival depends on those people? Dumb!

I don't have any loves or hates yet, but Lauren is my early favorite as eye candy. That jet black hair is pretty impressive. We haven't seen much of her, but she might be short-lived since she earned one eviction vote already.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

That was a good opener!!

When will people learn that if they are bossy that they are going to be voted off the island quickly?  When Reem started running her mouth at tribal, I had flashbacks of Natalie.  Why would you spread clothes on the beach rather than hang them in trees to get some airflow going?  That was just stupid.  And they weren't her clothes, which made it even worse.  I agree with @gardenman that I would be pretty ticked off about it.

So will every voted out contestant go to the same island?

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

How is someone smart enough to be a pre-med student, but not smart enough to know you really need to know how to swim to be on Survivor?

You would think swimming lessons would have been a priority. 

Honored Contributor

Reem was too confrontational right off the bat. 

The young girl with Tourette's supported her, so I think that's why she got some votes too. 

It will be interesting to see how this new twist will play out. 

Please let Joe stay in for a few episodes.  I really like him!