Honored Contributor

Re: SURVIVOR--EDGE OF EXTINCTION--Possible spoilers

@gardenman  you are so funny.  I love the extended version!  Since I no longer watch Big Brother, haven't since 2016, I've missed those posts!  This is hilarious!  

(Of course they each have to have a cameraman but we'll set that aside.)

HILARIOUS!!!!!  I hope you give us more during the season.

I'm as curious as can be how this is going to work.  The word "Extinction" is intriguing.  Will those who choose door number two (door number one, on a normal season, being an exotic vacation at production's expense) not be seen again until the big reveal at the end?  How do you check in on potentially over a dozen people?

Guess this means Ponderosa will be "extinct" too this season?

I don't know how the show can be one hour.  Introducing the tribes and players, hopefully seeing them try to m ake camp, then the challenge, tribal and of course Probst explaining this extreme twist -- how can that fit in an hour?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

BTW is anyone having trouble with the board?  I am. 

And are notifications ever coming back?  They make things so easy.  For example, @DrKelli  I corrected and edited my post to you about the thread and without the notification you may not see that.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

It's only one hour?  I'm looking forward to it.

Isn't Aubrey one of the returning players?  I liked her past season.

@Bri369  yes.

Joe (yum) - third time

Aubry - third time

Kelly Wentworth (not to be confused with Kelly Wigglesworth) - third time

David Wright - second time.  He played Millenials vs. Gen X.  He's the neurotic comedy writer who thinks he's Cochran but we all know there's only one Cochran!

Trusted Contributor

On the Reality TV World website, under Survivor, there is an article quoting Jeff Propst which goes into detail about the new Edge of Extinction twist.  Sounds very interesting!  Looking forward to the show tonight.

Esteemed Contributor

I really liked last season a lot so I'm very excited about the new season! It hasn't even started yet and G'man is already entertaining us with funny stories. That seems like a good omen.

@DrKelli - if you're taking the consensus put me down for...whatever! One thread for the season is fine with me. I do start not liking it as well after 10 pages (meaning I have to click more times to get to what's been recently posted), but I figure if that's my biggest problem, I'm doing just fine. Smiley Very Happy

As long as we have a place to discuss the show I'm happy. Smiley Happy

@LoriLori, I know there have been threads about the notifications but I don't know if it's still a problem or not. Sorry I don't have a more helpful answer. 

Oh hey...I just gave a Heart on the post asking about it. The one that says:

"BTW is anyone having trouble with the board?"

If you didn't get a notification, it's still a problem.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2   thanks and great to see you again for another season of Survivor.  And thanks for testing it; notifications are not working.

Trusted Contributor

I will be watching since I've been a fan since Season 1. But why oh why do they continue to feel the need to bring back past players??? It annoys me...esp when it's a player who did well in their season. If you want to bring someone back, how about someone who had to medically evacuated/didn't get to finish their season? I would love that! I know they bring back the "beloved" people for ratings but there has to be other Survivor nerds out there like me who would like to see the people who left and didn't get a full shot of playing. 

The new twist they keep promoting does sound interesting.

I hope it's a good season! Crossing my fingers that there will be people I like and can cheer for during the season. Last year, I couldn't care less who won...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

How is someone smart enough to be a pre-med student, but not smart enough to know you really need to know how to swim to be on Survivor?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Kind of an easy choice for the first eviction. And we have our first person in exile. I suspect pretty much everyone will want another chance to win, so she won't be the last.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!