Respected Contributor

Re: Rob Lowe's wife

[ Edited ]

@Malcontent   I understand what you're saying completely Smiley Happy!  I agree that the majority of Holllywood relies way too much on plastic surgeries to achieve their looks and as a result, are mostly botched and devoid of natural beauty.  Whereas, the lovely ladies of these QVC forums who do post photos of themselves as profile photos and/or on the beauty and fashion forums ARE naturally beautiful Smiley Happy.  I really dont like how deceptive celebrities are about how they've achieved their looks, because it is misleading and its bleeding into everyday life and a lot of non-celebrity women are getting unnecessary extensive work done and instagram influencers look like carbon copies of eachother with eye lifts, ski slope tiny noses and huge breast implants.  

Respected Contributor

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@Malcontent   I understand what you're saying completely Smiley Happy!  I agree that the majority of Holllywood relies way too much on plastic surgeries to achieve their looks and as a result, are mostly botched and devoid of natural beauty.  Whereas, the lovely ladies of these QVC forums who do post photos of themselves as profile photos and/or on the beauty and fashion forums ARE naturally beautiful Smiley Happy.  I really dont like how deceptive celebrities are about how they've achieved their looks, because it is misleading and its bleeding into everyday life and a lot of non-celebrity women are getting unnecessary extensive work done and instagram influencers look like carbon copies of eachother with eye lifts, ski slope tiny noses and huge breast implants.  

This is true @SportyShorty07  and I agree.  From rear ends to just about everything. 

I'm proud of my flat rear end. lol.

Respected Contributor

Re: Rob Lowe's wife

[ Edited ]

@Pink123 Yes indeed Smiley Very Happy.   And speaking of butts, I blame The Kardashians for the trend of butt injections and butt implants sweeping the nation- women should own and celebrate their natural butts whether they're big, medium, small, toned or flat and not mess with nature.  I have a small butt and I was teased about it in middle school, now I rock it with pride in my high waisted skinny jeans! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Yes @SportyShorty07  me too and yes we look good in high rise jeans. ha.

I think the big butt trend is dying out and the more natural look is in for everything.  I think even the K's might have had them removed. I hope. lol.

Esteemed Contributor
@Pink123

Didn't you know that the Kardashian butts are "natural" per their statements. 🤣
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@GingerHead wrote:

Nice to see a successful, beautiful man with an older woman or even a woman close to his age for a change!!!

Hooray for Rob!!!

Also, I hope I look that good at 62! I'll have what she's having, for sure.

@GingerHead 

Definitely not just in "Hollywood" ....  It's pretty common for people to be close in age for first marriages. 

With each subsequent marriage, it's more likely the man will marry someone younger. 

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 Yes, I think that's true.

Dumb men....Woman Tongue

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Honored Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

@santorini 

I’m trying to say that these so called celebrity women are not ‘naturally pretty’ women like the women here on QVC forum.

I just don’t think Lowe’s wife or Madonna etc are pretty at all.

I do think @San Antonio Gal @Pink123 @SurferWife and many more ARE naturally pretty.

I don’t think my Italian to English always translates very well.

@Malcontent 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  What you might think is "naturally pretty" may seem plain to others.  It's an individual perspective. 

I've known very attractive men & women who were not people you'd want to spend time with and vice versa.   

We've known people that were not what you'd call physically attractive but had a great personality or sense of humor and people were "attracted" to them.

Photos are often photoshopped, even if a woman hasn't had any work done.  So what?    Bottom line, it's the "whole package" that counts.

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@Malcontent   I understand what you're saying completely Smiley Happy!  I agree that the majority of Holllywood relies way too much on plastic surgeries to achieve their looks and as a result, are mostly botched and devoid of natural beauty.  Whereas, the lovely ladies of these QVC forums who do post photos of themselves as profile photos and/or on the beauty and fashion forums ARE naturally beautiful Smiley HappyI really dont like how deceptive celebrities are about how they've achieved their looks, because it is misleading and its bleeding into everyday life and a lot of non-celebrity women are getting unnecessary extensive work done and instagram influencers look like carbon copies of eachother with eye lifts, ski slope tiny noses and huge breast implants.  

@SportyShorty07 

I understand your points, but I think you're comparing apples to oranges here.  

First, actors often get jobs based on their APPEARANCE and how good they look on camera.

I assume you have worked at some point in your life, but if you got or lost jobs based on how you look, you'd see things a little differently.  Walk a mile in their shoes.  Many plastic surgery decisions are made based on making them more photogenic and looking good on a 60 foot screen in a movie theater.  Granted, it's an odd industry.

Second, I don't think there's anything "deceptive" about how we achieve our looks .... we use wrinkle creams, color our hair and gain or lose weight to improve our appearance. 

There are no prizes for staying stuck with what you inherited.  If it's a genetic trait in your family to have really large noses, I see nothing wrong with having it "fixed".  

Let's do a reality check here ... most women want to look their best ... at least some of the time.  Nothing wrong with that.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  You make some great points, Tinkrbl44!  I have worked in an image based job in a sense by working luxury handbag sales and I was instructed to have great hair/makeup and wear a dress and heels to my jobs and have manicured nails.  I have never had work done, and I made sure to have perfect hair/makeup and look myabsolute best every day at my job and my managers were always keeping an eye out for if my hair was out of place on a windy day or if I had smeared lip gloss after drinking water. 

My issue with celebrities getting work done is that they rarely cop up to it,  Everyone has a right to change things in their face if they aren't happy about it, but some of the celebrities excuses for how they've barely aged facially for decades are prepostorous.  JLO for instance says that olive oil was the key to her ageless look when anyone can see that she's had a lot of work done.  Celebrities bounce back almost instantly after having a baby and don't admit to tummy tucks.  Kylie Jenner says she overlines her lips to achieve her large lip injected mouth.  I think that if celebrities took down the facade of their beauty and removed the filtered photos, showed photos of themselves in high school, wore less makeup etc then they wouldn't be worshipped as much by fans and could be more relateable.  Behind every celebrity is a great stylist, hair dresser, makeup artist and plastic surgeon.  I have nothing against plastic surgery, I just wish celebrities could be more transparent about their surgical history. Smiley Happy