Valued Contributor

Re: Reminder Married at first sight tonight

Agreed, his mother was not the friendliest person ever and did not like the way she quizzed Kate. This marriage needs to be shut down, the girl never smile’s anymore.

Valued Contributor

Did they ever do a visit to Kates family or how she grew up. I never saw it but I saw two things of Luke’s background. 

Respected Contributor

I now wonder if Luke is sabotaging his marriage to make mom happy.

Honored Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

I now wonder if Luke is sabotaging his marriage to make mom happy.

That guy just seems like a total jerk.     I have been trying to figure him out.  I feel like, at this point, that he just did this for kicks and giggles.

Plus, I wonder if he even has been able to have relationships because he doesn't seem like a very nice person.  Granted, some people like jerks but that runs its course and then they are out.

I'm somebody who always liked 'nice guys'.  That does mean they are wimpy or total milquetoast type people.   It just means they aren't jerks (and a few other words that come to mind).

This guy seems like he has little to nothing to offer except his jerkiness.  It's not even like he's good looking or anything.

I feel like he railroaded his way in and mis-represented himself entirely.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I almost can't watch the show anymore because of him.  How did these 'professionals', 3 of them, pick him?   Are they not good enough at what they do to see through someone who has all the 'right' answers, but in reality is so messed up.

I know this is a TV show for entertainment, but what about their ethical obligation to someone like Kate?

Does anyone have a hunch about which couples will choose to say together?  I'd like to hear your guesses.

Esteemed Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

Agreed, his mother was not the friendliest person ever and did not like the way she quizzed Kate. This marriage needs to be shut down, the girl never smile’s anymore.

@KACEE1115  Dr. Pepper talked about that last night, too. That Kate was so bubbly and happy when they interviewed her and that during this time with Luke she seems very sad and unhappy.  Woman Sad JMO, but Kate may need some therapy after this.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Regular Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@KACEE1115 wrote:

@KACEE1115  Dr. Pepper talked about that last night, too. That Kate was so bubbly and happy when they interviewed her and that during this time with Luke she seems very sad and unhappy.  Woman Sad JMO, but Kate may need some therapy after this.

I hope the show picks up the tab for an annulment.

Respected Contributor

I predict the show will offer Kate a second chance to find love in another season.  She might take them up on it because she is a courageous sort of person.  One thing is certain, when this season ends, her mailbox will be overflowing with offers.

Trusted Contributor

You should see all the comments about Luke on Instagram.  Nearly everyone says the professionals should shut it down re Luke and Kate's marriage.  Most of the comments said they are not going to watch the rest of the season because Luke in a jerk and so nasty unless they do kick him off the show.  Their Instagram name is mafslifetime in case you want to read it.

Honored Contributor

I hope the show pays for the therapy Kate is going to need after this.