Honored Contributor

Project Runway All Stars Returns

Project Runway All Stars returns Jan. 2 at 9 pm EST on Lifetime. 

I love all the PR shows. It seems like it has been forever since the last season so I am looking forward to watching again. Even though All Stars doesn’t have Heidi and Tim, I still enjoy seeing what the designers come up with for the different challenges. 

Has anyone heard more info about Heidi & Tim’s Amazon Prime show or the new reboot of PR on Bravo with Christian Sirianno? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway All Stars Returns

@wilma, did it happen to mention who the host will be.  Can't watch Alyssa Milano.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@wilma, did it happen to mention who the host will be.  Can't watch Alyssa Milano.

Bad news, @CelticCrafter...It's Alyssa Milano.  It's the usuals:  Isaac and Georgina Chapman joining Alyssa as regular judges, Anne F. from Marie-Claire as mentor.  (I miss Zanna Roberts Rossi as mentor so much!).

The good news is they did something interesting and half the All Stars are from other countries so we've never seen their work.  

The bad news is U.S. All Stars are the usual repeats because, again, they do not have even half a cast of real All Stars to choose new All Stars each time:

This is soooooooo deja vu:

Irina

Seth Aaron 

Anthony Ryan Auld  (not to be confused with fan fave Anthony Williams)

Dmitry 

Michelle Lesniak Franklin 

Sean Kelly

Anya Ayoung-Chee

With the exception of Dmitri a sad group of repeats whose careers have not flourished.  Irina has done okay as has Seth Aaron but they're not in Dmitri's league.

Foreign All Stars include people from Canada, Australia, UK, The Netherlands. 

Personally I'm going to watch because of them, hoping I can stick with it despite all the retreads above, some of whom I really dislike (Michelle, Anya, Sean).

Honored Contributor

Thanks @LoriLori, not sure I'll be watching unless I'm completely bored out of my head!

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

Bad news, @CelticCrafter...It's Alyssa Milano.  It's the usuals:  Isaac and Georgina Chapman joining Alyssa as regular judges, Anne F. from Marie-Claire as mentor.  (I miss Zanna Roberts Rossi as mentor so much!).

The good news is they did something interesting and half the All Stars are from other countries so we've never seen their work.  

The bad news is U.S. All Stars are the usual repeats because, again, they do not have even half a cast of real All Stars to choose new All Stars each time:

This is soooooooo deja vu:

Irina

Seth Aaron 

Anthony Ryan Auld  (not to be confused with fan fave Anthony Williams)

Dmitry 

Michelle Lesniak Franklin 

Sean Kelly

Anya Ayoung-Chee

With the exception of Dmitri a sad group of repeats whose careers have not flourished.  Irina has done okay as has Seth Aaron but they're not in Dmitri's league.

Foreign All Stars include people from Canada, Australia, UK, The Netherlands. 

Personally I'm going to watch because of them, hoping I can stick with it despite all the retreads above, some of whom I really dislike (Michelle, Anya, Sean).

I totally agree with your last paragraph!  I hope it lives up to its expectations and glad that they are doing 1/2 from foreign countries.  It'll be nice to see what they have to show.  I can't stand Alyssa but look forward to seeing her horrible clothes and definitely miss Zanna.  Ann has no sense of humor and can't relate to the designers at all it seems.

Honored Contributor

@SWEET

LOL that you look forward to seeing Alyssa's horrible clothes.  Can't imagine how she ended up as host.  

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@SWEET

LOL that you look forward to seeing Alyssa's horrible clothes.  Can't imagine how she ended up as host.  

No idea.  Who styles her?  Even in the Isaac Mizrahi challenge, she looked horrible and he can make anyone look good. 

Honored Contributor

I am looking forward to seeing the previous contestants again. It will also be interesting to see some designers from other countries.