Respected Contributor

THE SHOP AROUND THE CORNER is on ...

[ Edited ]

Today, Sunday, 12/2 at 8:00 pm Eastern time on TCM. This movie is tied for first as my favorite Christmas movie. My family owned gift shops and home decorating stores and imported beautiful merchandise from around the world. We sold many of the wooden inlay music boxes (they were from Italy) like the one in the movie. I loved the Christmas rush at the stores and loved helping people find a precious something to let their loved ones know they were special to them and then wrapping the packages. Working in our stores started my career as a Buyer. You've Got Mail  appears to be a take-off from this movie. When Kathleen Kelly (the main character) reminisces about her mother and growing up in her book store when it's ready to close, it's hard for me to keep a dry eye. I love both of these movies.

Honored Contributor

Re: THE SHOP AROUND THE CORNER is on ...

And In the Good Old Summertime with Judy Garland and Van Johnson.   A good story is a good story!

Regular Contributor

Have you seen the original Shop Around The Corner with j and a stuart. It's also good

Respected Contributor

It's the original that's on today, on TCM. Jimmy Stewart is perfect in his role.

Regular Contributor

Sorry should have said Jimmy stuart.