Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway 3/28 - Back to Bravo! - SPOILERS

Ok first off, boy did they telegraph who was going home almost from the start of the show.  They made the right choice as she never seemed very happy to be there and I appreciated the way Brandon dressed her down for talking so poorly about her model with her standing right there.

Second, some of the offhand comments throughout the show made me laugh out loud especially:

• I know what this outfit needs, a gas mask!
  • Oh! there's a fanny pack . . . (Brandon Maxwell)
  • I finally got to see the outfit that rated the "it looks like a cat climbed up it" comment (again, Brandon Maxwell and I actually kind of liked the outfit especially the jacket/top aside from the poor fabric choice)

I was bummed when they chose Hester's outfit as the winner (apologies up front but my first and only thought when she selected her fabric was it looks like she sourced it from an italian restaurant tablecloth).  I get her style but I thought I noticed some sewing issues (especially the hem on the short side of the pants).  Sebastian is much more my style and it looked like a runway garment when it came down the runway.  I thought it was stunning and so well made.

And oh my beloved Kovid.  Again, not my style but I could see the details and the sewing that went into it after they got some close up shots (because of the print I think it was harder to see maybe?).  And I am sure that gas mask line will be my favorite for the entire season.

And Christian is so great as this season's mentor.  You can actually see him dying inside to reach out and grab the outfit that is in deep trouble and fix it himself.  I am so, so glad for all of his success.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a mess w/the bottom 3.  Nadine was so insulting to her model and told her she didn't know how to walk (she said this twice -- once in the workroom and then again on the runway)!!  She's a model and knows how to walk.  Maybe Nadine should try it sometime.  That's the third time a designer blamed it on the curvy model.  Yeah right.  Try the right fabric and measurements.  It looked like a Golden Girls outfit like Christian said.  She wanted to go home -- so did I.  Her attitude stunk! As for the exercise outfit, it wasn't that bad and glad he stayed.  As for the other one oy! 

Loved Kovid's but not the fabric or the stupid gas mask.  I would have gagged w/that on no matter how light the material.

I loved Sebastian's but looked heavy.  A lighter print would have worked better.  He should have won in my opinion.

As for "Little Miss Sunshine" (that can't be her real last name -- probably her middle name) it was innovative but looked like a picnic tablecloth and that's what she was going for obviously.  Who would wear a garter???

What bothered me is that Mari, when she was in the workroom, was advising one of the designers and didn't help anyone else.  I'm sure others would have loved her advice too.

I thought it was hilarious when Brandon kept saying, oh no, not another reveal (jacket coming off).  LOL

Respected Contributor

Did Swatch retire?  I miss him!

Respected Contributor

I love that we can hear some of the comments by the judges as the runway is going on.

Nadine was a *itch.  She reminded me of that one guy that was so rude to his "real woman" model several years ago.  I don't remember his name, but he won the unconventional challenge with his 'candy' dress that season.  Personally, I love the variety in models.  We're not all size zero and I like to see how these designs translate into someone who has a similar body type as me.

Nadine's design was bad and I didn't like Hester's either.  Did anyone else notice how bad the hem was?

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

What a mess w/the bottom 3.  Nadine was so insulting to her model and told her she didn't know how to walk (she said this twice -- once in the workroom and then again on the runway)!!  She's a model and knows how to walk.  Maybe Nadine should try it sometime.  That's the third time a designer blamed it on the curvy model.  Yeah right.  Try the right fabric and measurements.  It looked like a Golden Girls outfit like Christian said.  She wanted to go home -- so did I.  Her attitude stunk! As for the exercise outfit, it wasn't that bad and glad he stayed.  As for the other one oy! 

Loved Kovid's but not the fabric or the stupid gas mask.  I would have gagged w/that on no matter how light the material.

I loved Sebastian's but looked heavy.  A lighter print would have worked better.  He should have won in my opinion.

As for "Little Miss Sunshine" (that can't be her real last name -- probably her middle name) it was innovative but looked like a picnic tablecloth and that's what she was going for obviously.  Who would wear a garter???

What bothered me is that Mari, when she was in the workroom, was advising one of the designers and didn't help anyone else.  I'm sure others would have loved her advice too.

I thought it was hilarious when Brandon kept saying, oh no, not another reveal (jacket coming off).  LOL

@SWEET I wasn't sure how to take Brandon's comments about the reveals, whether he was liking them or not.  But, didn't Nina mention last week that she loved a reveal?  So, I thought maybe it was like, hey Nina there's your reveal, and another, and another.  

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@SWEET I wasn't sure how to take Brandon's comments about the reveals, whether he was liking them or not.  But, didn't Nina mention last week that she loved a reveal?  So, I thought maybe it was like, hey Nina there's your reveal, and another, and another.  

I couldn't tell either but thought I heard a little sarcasm!! LOL. 

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

Did Swatch retire?  I miss him!

@Suzeecat he was on last week but I didn't see him this week.  Hopefully we'll see him soon, I just love him.  Heart

Valued Contributor

At least no one cried on the runway.......seems like whenever somebody cries, they end up safe. I do like Christian and I liked Tim Gunn, but did not like Ann on the Allstars program. 

Honored Contributor

I dislike everything about that Hester, even her unpleasant name. I didn't like her choice of fabric, the design was passable.

Sebastian should have won but maybe winning last week factored against him.

Honored Contributor

LOL, my friend who I watch on the phone with called Hester's an Italian restaurant tablecloth after I called it a picnic tablecloth.  And I see there's one of each here haha.

That said:  I loved it.  And i re-watched Lemonade this morning, because it's been too long, and I know a lot of you wouldn't like it but I loved it when it debuted on HBO and it gets better and better.  And the styling is off the charts.  And in that world I totally get it how Hester wins.

I loved the garter.  Great touch!

I'm glad Marni Senofonte will be back.  She's amazing.