Trusted Contributor

Re: Project Runway 3/28 - Back to Bravo! - SPOILERS

@lenapecci
I agree...Hester IS exhausting!
I have to agree about Tessa as well...a "minimalistic design aesthetic" is extremely difficult to pull off unless you are brilliant tailor, a la Calvin Klein. Otherwise, it looks like you are sending boring, incomplete outfits down the runway.
Nina Garcia always said if you are going to give us a simple design, it better be so impeccably made that it can stand on its own with no embellishments. Not sure if Tessa is up to that challenge.
Honored Contributor

@lenapecci wrote:

I have to disagree with who the winner was. I understand it was an editorial challenge.

The fabric was awful. The model looked like a walking picnic table.

I find Hester exhauting. I can't imagine how hard it must be to be in a full on character mode all day everyday. I understand being different, being hip or quirky. Plenty of the designers dress how they chose and what makes them feel good. To me she takes it too far.

Nadine was the one to go just for her behavior alone. I felt bad for the model. Nadine was not happy there, she missed her family. That could be how she acts out when she is stressed.

Sebastion creates impeccable designs. He should have won.

I am not sure how long Tessa will last. She does not seem to have alot of knowledge on many things fashion wise. She seems to cause herself a lot of anxiety. To me she is a poser.

@lenapecci 

I completely disagree.  Nadine's reminded me of a pregnant woman wearing a giant dead butterfly that's been cut in half and with a hood slapped on it no less.  Hers was the worst.  The judges never even mentioned her attitude in the critique.  Her garment was horrible.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess  that image was the last thing I saw on line last night so thanks for the nightmares!!!! 

I couldn't see the garments in  your link but I remember some of them and that all were bad because it was a bad challenge, it was obvious none of them had skated or even seen someone else skate LOL. 

The wrestlers were easy, the post office uniforms but skating is so specific, bad idea.  I remember one aqua one with ruffles shaped like a triangle.  It made me laugh.  

Honored Contributor

You're welcome @LoriLori .  Odd that the links wouldn't come up for you.  There were some that were lined out, so I assumed they wouldn't work, but I did click on several of them before posting the link just to make sure and they worked for me.  Anyways, also I got Michael Kohr's comment at little wrong, it was baboon not orangutan, but close enough.  I might've spewed Diet Coke when he said it, it was so funny....and appropriate.  The one with all the ruffles was the first link in the list if you decide to try again.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

You're welcome @LoriLori .  Odd that the links wouldn't come up for you.  There were some that were lined out, so I assumed they wouldn't work, but I did click on several of them before posting the link just to make sure and they worked for me.  Anyways, also I got Michael Kohr's comment at little wrong, it was baboon not orangutan, but close enough.  I might've spewed Diet Coke when he said it, it was so funny....and appropriate.  The one with all the ruffles was the first link in the list if you decide to try again.

Thanks, @Icegoddess .  I changed browsers (for a different reason) and they all come up now.  Baboon, orangutan, hahahahaha.  I bet there are dozens of "worst of Project Runway" lists on the internet all of which have that thing on them.

Zulema's isn't good.  Best of a very bad bunch.  Andre's made me laugh out loud.  

Chloe's is the one I described, blue triangle ruffles -- worn by IMO one of the worst models ever on Project Runway, Grace.  She was always calling attention to herself in weird ways instead of just showcasing the garments.

I think Kara's had the most potential but you skate -- which is your favorite?  And which do you think had the most potential to be worn (she never wore it)?

Honored Contributor

Oh gosh @LoriLori , I don't know.  Kara's would work if you put an actual skirt on it.  If you're going to go fringe, then it need lots more fringe, but I think skirt would be better.  I also think Emmetts would work with a longer skirt.  As it is, there's a proportion problem and looks a bit obscene.  Of course, Sasha Cohen was so tiny and child-like, but as an adult Figure Skater I am of the opinion that no matter your size, a mature woman's butt should not be seen.  Well, at least unless it's on purpose as it was for me in this number:

ANButtCrack.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess Love this! What song were you skating to in this costume please?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@IcegoddessLove this! What song were you skating to in this costume please?

@MarnieRez3 , this was an Interp number which can be very dramatic or humorous.  You are not really judged on technical content, but more on how you interpret the music.  It was a parody of Love Shack called Butt Crack.  So, to the tune of Love Shack: "You see a repairman on the side of the road showing 16 inches of ..........!"  Some thought it was a Weird Al song, but it wasn't.  

Those of us who don't skate well enough for dramatic go for humor when given the chance.

Edited to add:  Oh, and it even had a "reveal" for Nina.  The shirt was just long enough to cover until I raised my arms or pulled them forward which was the case for the sit spin reveal.  I heard a laugh from the audience and that was all I needed.  Didn't care what the judges thought; I had entertained the audience. 

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess I'm laughing out loud at the "reveal" for Nina! You are hysterical! 😁
Scott Hamilton skated many humorous programs...funny isn't easy! Don't sell yourself short. Did you get a good score for your interpretation of the music?
Thanks for sharing this with us! ❤
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@IcegoddessI'm laughing out loud at the "reveal" for Nina! You are hysterical! 😁
Scott Hamilton skated many humorous programs...funny isn't easy! Don't sell yourself short. Did you get a good score for your interpretation of the music?
Thanks for sharing this with us! ❤

@MarnieRez3 , truthfully, I don't really remember, but I do think it might've been my highest finish at Adult Nationals, like 5th or 6th.  My goal was always not to finish last. 

As an aside, I skated that program at a local event much to my very conservative coach's chagrin.  One of the other coaches told me her little skater looked at me and said "She needs to pull her pants up."