Honored Contributor

Project Runway 3/28 - Back to Bravo! - SPOILERS

My thoughts as I watched the runway show:

Bishme: Didn’t care for the horny shoulders

Rakan: Hot mess.

Kovid: Didn’t know what to think of that one. Wasn’t wow’d by it, but a lot better than last week's disaster.

Jamall: Heavy, but like the design.

Renee: Really liked this one.

Nadine: No thanks, and quit blaming the model.

Lela: Rather liked that one

Hester: Cute, but not my thing.  It IS the designer though.

Tessa: Nope

Sonia: Really liked that one.

Garo: Interesting stripes, but didn't cre for it.  Looked kinda cartoony.

Venny: I’m in love, but the print is not as out there.

Afa: Thought he did a great job.

Sebastian: I’m in love again. I could tell when he was making it I was going to like it.  I WANT that even though thre is no way I could wear it.

I was surprised to see actual judges reactions during he runway shows. They have never really done that before, trying not to give it away before the critiques.

Respected Contributor

Re: Project Runway 3/28 - Back to Bravo! - SPOILERS

I can't believe you know all their names.  I wish the show was only an hour, I tend to dose off right at the time they begin the runway (which is the best part!)  I dosed for about 5 minutes during commercial and when I woke up the runway show was in progress. 

The woman who was sent home said she wanted to go home, so fine, she was mean the way she spoke about her model and her outfit was just plain strange the way those pants were designed.

I would have voted for Sebastian to win.  The winning garment reminded me of Mary Poppins goes on a picnic.  I am liking the judges a little more, but I can't always understand their comments amongst each other while the runway show is going on.  Guess I just wasn't xpecting them to speaking w/each other while the show was going on.  I think it will be a good season, we shall see.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Here are all of the designs, it makes it easier and Bravo puts them up very quickly.  They call it "recaps" but it's really every garment, safe, low and high.

https://www.bravotv.com/project-runway/season-17/season-17/blogs/runway-recap-episode-3

Of the safe ones I loved Jamall's a lot but it was basic compared to others'.  I also loved Lela's.  And I loved Afa's and how he celebrated his model's body.  Love the fanny pack too.

I loved all three in the top.  I might have given Kovid the win but I didn't mind Hester's win at all, it truly was her challenge and she fulfilled it with great spirit and she wowed the judges.  I can't imagine she'll have that many more chances but I'd love to be proved wrong.

I like the judges' reactions and I especially like the safe designers being able to watch the runway critiques.  That's a great innovation.

I'm glad Nadine is gone.  What a hot mess and insulting the model???  I was glad in her critique they stuck to the garment and let her make a fool of herself by herself.

Rakun was saved by the top in the back.  I love that they judge the whole garment and ask the models questions.  That thing he made last week was so bad -- perfect for an elderly grandmother (average age,125 years old) to wear with fuzzy slippers.  But I agree with Nina the top,in the back, was lovely and original..

I'm touched by how caring and nurturing Christian is.  So young to be so wise.  He brings a whole different flavor than Tim and I'm loving it.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli   They have yet to mention a sponsor for the accessory wall.  So they mix it up depending on the challenge, which is cool.  

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I can't believe you know all their names.  I wish the show was only an hour, I tend to dose off right at the time they begin the runway (which is the best part!)  I dosed for about 5 minutes during commercial and when I woke up the runway show was in progress. 

The woman who was sent home said she wanted to go home, so fine, she was mean the way she spoke about her model and her outfit was just plain strange the way those pants were designed.

I would have voted for Sebastian to win.  The winning garment reminded me of Mary Poppins goes on a picnic.  I am liking the judges a little more, but I can't always understand their comments amongst each other while the runway show is going on.  Guess I just wasn't xpecting them to speaking w/each other while the show was going on.  I think it will be a good season, we shall see.

@jellyBEAN , I don't KNOW all the names.  I type my comments up as I'm watching the runway show.  They show the names as the model is walking down the runway.  I also record the show especially since I'm usually not home when it starts, so I have the luxury of stopping and even going back if I need to.  But, I generally try to type as I'm watching and may go back afterwards and add a comment or two.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

FYI the looks go up right away on Bravo. 

I just realized the show hasn't even aired yet on the West Coast!  I'm grateful and glad, especially since Lifetime was so stingy with looks we still can't see the finale collections.

Honored Contributor

The woods!  Yesssssss!  I CAN'T WAIT!  Extra points if they run into the Blair Witch!  Seriously I love it, the camping, hahahaha, that should be a fun episode.  I'm back in love with this show.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori I'll have to go check it out.  I'd like to download a few pics for inspiration.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@LoriLori I'll have to go check it out.  I'd like to download a few pics for inspiration.

Yeah, they don't even look copyright by Bravo.  Good.  I guess they know the more the merrier.   

Too many to copy but opening it in another tab refreshed my memory.  Admire that you sew and do you design?  Sounds like it.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Yeah, they don't even look copyright by Bravo.  Good.  I guess they know the more the merrier.   

Too many to copy but opening it in another tab refreshed my memory.  Admire that you sew and do you design?  Sounds like it.

@LoriLori , no, I'm more of a copycat.  But even then, my sewing skills are not the best.  My mother was a seamstress, so of course I didn't appreciate that and couldn't wait to buy store-bought clothes.  I think part of that came from the fact that she followed patterns exactly with no embellishments, so to me the clothes were too plain and looked home-made.  But, she did work for the public mostly altering clothes.  

I kinda learned how to sew as an adult, but am totally self-taught and quite lacking.  I don't know all the rules and sometimes that's a hindrance, but sometimes I think it can also be a help.  As far as inspiriation goes, what I would do would be find a pattern that as closely matches what I want and then try to alter it for what I want.  Sometimes it works; sometimes not.  Most of my work has been Figure Skating costumes.  There's just not a lot of costumes meant for the adult body.  Since I learned to skate as an adult, I'm not that great at it.  So, I became known for my catchphrase "It's all about the dress", although my coach knows me better for "ain't happening".

I will always remember the PR episode where they had to design a Figure Skating costume.  I can't remember who they were designing for, was it Sasha Cohen?  I think most of them tried to use either non-stretch or 2-way stretch fabric rather than 4-way.  But, I'll never forget the comment about Santino's costume looking like a baboon's a** had exploded.