Honored Contributor

@scotnovel @mousiegirl I love watching old CSI Miami shows.  My late husband used to see famous people all of the time at the airports and in and around LA.  I never recognized anyone.

Anyway, one day he came home from a trip and said he'd seen David Carouso (CSI Miami) the red head.  But he didn't know his name and my husband had a unique way of describing people.  Here's what I remember him saying, "So I saw that guy who's on one of the shows we watch.  He was pastey white with orange hair and the flattest butt you've ever seen"!  I'm like, "Who are you talking about?"  He's like you know the one who lowers his sunglasses and says two words".  Then I got it!

He traveled a lot so he belonged to all of those clubs where people can hang out together before they fly.  He'd come home with some of the funniest stories about some of these people!  Basically, many of them are full of themselves and love themselves more than anyone else could.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@scotnovel @mousiegirl I love watching old CSI Miami shows.  My late husband used to see famous people all of the time at the airports and in and around LA.  I never recognized anyone.

Anyway, one day he came home from a trip and said he'd seen David Carouso (CSI Miami) the red head.  But he didn't know his name and my husband had a unique way of describing people.  Here's what I remember him saying, "So I saw that guy who's on one of the shows we watch.  He was pastey white with orange hair and the flattest butt you've ever seen"!  I'm like, "Who are you talking about?"  He's like you know the one who lowers his sunglasses and says two words".  Then I got it!

He traveled a lot so he belonged to all of those clubs where people can hang out together before they fly.  He'd come home with some of the funniest stories about some of these people!  Basically, many of them are full of themselves and love themselves more than anyone else could.

@Annabellethecat66  Full of themselves like the Chopped contestants, they have huge egos.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl You are so right.  It's like these stars telling us how to live our lives.  They have no idea, do they?  Same for Senators, Congressmen, you name it, no idea!

Honored Contributor

I liked the original CSI. I watched CSI: Miami for a few years, never got into CSI: New York, and just didn't like CSI: Cyber.

I liked Ted Danson on CSI. He was SO much better than Lawrence Fishburne. (Who has been hilarious on Black-ish, but was just wasted on CSI.)  But by the end it felt like the stories were getting repetetive. CSI: Cyber was supposed to be new and different, but it just felt stale. CSI, Law and Order, and Criminal Minds all handled computer crimes, so stories from CSI: Cyber didn't feel new, they felt like that had been done before. I also never liked Avery. Everyting about her felt forced.

I think watching the earlier CSI episodes would be good. The cast and the writing were so good at the beginning. I think they did the right thing in letting Gary Dourdan go, but I really liked Warrick and Nick together and was so sad to see him killed off.