Honored Contributor

I always watched CSI every week.  I loved that show.  Then after "Gil" left they started getting a bit more complicated.  Still I stayed with them.  

By the time Ted Danson came along I'd wonder until my head hurt what the hay I was watching (too complicated sometimes).

That was a good show.  It had a little humor, mystery, slight gore (I like some gore), everything.

There are a lot of 'old' shows I enjoy watching.  One of my favorites are Law and Order.  I've mentioned that before I think.

Today (Sunday May 2016) I'm watching old CSI and Lief Schrieber.  I really like his character.

Any thoughts on some of these (any of them) old shows?

Esteemed Contributor

CSI was one of my favorites! I also like Criminal Minds and a short lived one Criminal Behavior.

Regular Contributor

Yes I used to watch CSI too. I also enjoyed NYPD Blue.

Esteemed Contributor
I watched the original until the end. I also watched CSI:Cyber and loved that cause it scared the you know what out of me. Just found out the Cyber was cancelled. Smiley Sad
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Re: Old CSI Shows!

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I always watched CSI every week.  I loved that show.  Then after "Gil" left they started getting a bit more complicated.  Still I stayed with them.  

By the time Ted Danson came along I'd wonder until my head hurt what the hay I was watching (too complicated sometimes).

That was a good show.  It had a little humor, mystery, slight gore (I like some gore), everything.

There are a lot of 'old' shows I enjoy watching.  One of my favorites are Law and Order.  I've mentioned that before I think.

Today (Sunday May 2016) I'm watching old CSI and Lief Schrieber.  I really like his character.

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66  I watch Law & Order Criminal Intent and SVU reruns, and Criminal Minds, never get tired of them, but some episodes I don't like, and most episodes without Goren and Eames I don't watch, didn't like Jeff Goldblum at all.  I never got into any of the CSI shows, so don't watch them.  If Columbo were on, I would watch that.

Honored Contributor

I can't live without my Perry Mason "fix"...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I get Columbio on NET FLEX.  DIAGNOSIS MURER with Sick Van Duke and MADLOCK.  Those were the good murder shows.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I grew up watching Mannix with my dad on Saturday nights.  I swear, he was always able to figure things out before the show wrapped it all up!  I've recently caught a rerunn episode or two.  We've surely come a long way since then.  Mission Impossible on Sunday nights was also a popular one.

DH and I used to like Hill Street Blues a lot, but it was more about the people than solving crimes per se.  CSI Miami was the only one in the CSI franchise that we watched.  What a coinkydink that David Caruso got the role of the head investigator on CSI Miami started out in the role of a gang leader in Hill Street Blues.  We also used to watch Criminal Minds off and on. Diagnosis Murder was regular viewing.  I love D-ick Van D-yke so I'll still watch reruns of that now and then.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

I can't live without my Perry Mason "fix"...........

Me too! Twice a day and I think I've seen them all but I love me some Perry, Della and Paul.(I crack up everytime Paul says to Della "Hello Beautiful")  I love the sets too....a little piece of fashion and home/office furnishing history. I also am a big fan of black and white on the older shows. 

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl You actually might like some of the really old CSI shows.  The old ones had some light-heartedness in them.  

I like shows that are clear cut.  Who did it and let's get them....period.  My brain gets tired when a show is too twisting and turning (not just my age, I've always been like that). 

My late husband, on the other hand, was a systems analyst.  The more 'involved' the show was, the more he liked it.  Then he'd have to explain to me what I'd just watched.  Ha!

I like Eames and Goren (Law and Order, Criminal Intent).  They were my favorite.  I was a fan of his from the beginning of his career.  I liked the way he was 'strange'.  I never could understand the difference between Criminal Intent and the others.

I love the plain old Law and Order's.  I get every channel offered on cable so these shows are on one way or another on some channels (Ha)...They go on and on......

I used to watch Colombo and enjoyed it.  I saw it on the other day, but there were other shows I wanted to watch.

I don't care for Ted Danson but overlooked it when he came to CSI after Gil left.  He was OK.

Colombo is on.  I just saw it yesterday.  It's on one of the lower number channels because I guess it doesn't come in HD.  You should check with your cable company.