Honored Contributor

O.J. and Nicole:An American Tragedy

On the I.D. Network Monday 10/5 at 10p.m. ET

Tanya Brown, Nicole's youngest sister, tells how the tragedy affected her family and shows never before seen family photos, etc

I wonder if she'll mention O.J. giving her family money and that being one reason Nicole stuck with him, enduring the beatings, as has been stated before?
Respected Contributor

Re: O.J. and Nicole:An American Tragedy

@Pearlee  I have never heard anything about her family receiving money from OJ.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I won't watch as I have had my fill of this case. It makes me angry that O.J. probably  got away with murder and hasn't paid the Goldman family the money they were awarded in the civil suit.

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@Pearlee  I have never heard anything about her family receiving money from OJ.

Every year, O.J. would take the whole family (Nicole's) on vacation to some resort in Mexico.  All on HIS dime.

This info came out during the trial w/photos.

Also, he took Nicole's family on some sort of exotic camping trips up in the mountains from time to time.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

I watch the ID network all the time, but I will skip this one program. I've still had more than enough of the OJ and Nicole Simpson saga after watching the whole thing play out in real time. I'm wondering if this will be generating income for the Simpson family.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac It was more than vacations. If I'm remembering this correctly OJ helped fund the father's business. If anyone wants to find out the specifics, an online search should find it.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee There was a Hertz dealership for the father and I think he paid for Nicole's sisters college plus vacations.

I know I won't watch it.  I am happy there is no news about him.

For me as a parent, there is no amount of money that I could place on my child's life.  For me, if I could not get a criminal conviction against him, I would sue him in Civil Court for $ 1.00 plus legal fees to ensure guilt and block any and all future earnings for him.  His NFL pension cannot be touched and all his money was moved to off shore accounts prior to his criminal trial if not prior to his divorce.

So very sad Nicole lost her life and Ron Goldman, an innocent bystander as well.  Horrible.

Honored Contributor

@Somertime Thanks for reminding me what it was, and I'm glad you recalled that too. 🙂
Honored Contributor

I won't watch it either. The last time I watched a show about him was when FX did their American Crime Story: The People vs O.J. Simpson (2016). That was an exceptionally well done series. Cuba Gooding, Jr. played O.J. and John Travolta played Shapiro.

Respected Contributor

I find it a bit creepy that the sister would still be publicly talking about this now.  Let your sister's spirit rest.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York