Honored Contributor

Re: O.J. and Nicole:An American Tragedy

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
Amazes me how so many remember all the details of this case when the years have rolled by. Interesting reading all the comments.

@Kindaglitzy  I even remember what I was doing during the Bronco ride on the freeway.  I was in the kitchen preparing dinner, and eating some wheat thins, lol.

I think it is remembered as it was nothing we had ever seen before.  I hardly knew who Simpson was, just saw him in the Hertz commercials,  the fact that it was on tv for eight months or so embedded it in minds, and that he got away with butchering two people to death.

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

I was at work when the trial ended.  Saw it on the TV, along with several work colleagues.  

I remember being so amazed at the verdict!!  I was absolutely surprised and saddened. And had to walk away from some friends who were clapping and happy!!

@corita 

On the day the verdict was to be announced, employers in Los Angeles were told to inform employees and many closed early.  In case of rioting, people wanted to pick up kids at school. get cash or food, and hunker down at home. 

I didn't realize it until recently, but Ford stopped making the Bronco because of it's connection to OJ and the murders!

Honored Contributor

I watched this. I didn't learn much but what I did was interesting. Tanya Brown told what went on behind the scenes with Nicole's family while events were unfolding, and also showed family home movies/photos I hadn't seen before. She claims (as they did at the time) that the family knew nothing about the abuse. I really find that hard to believe since Nicole's friend commented frequently during the show about the beatings being often and the times Nicole wouldn't leave the house to go to things she was invited to because she couldn't hide all the bruising.

As I surmised, there was no mention of O.J. giving financial support to the family.
I did learn Mrs. Brown is in touch often with Nicole's two children. Tanya said Sydney isn't in touch with her because Sydney thinks Tanya believes her father killed her mother. Well, yeah!
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@corita wrote:

I was at work when the trial ended.  Saw it on the TV, along with several work colleagues.  

I remember being so amazed at the verdict!!  I was absolutely surprised and saddened. And had to walk away from some friends who were clapping and happy!!

@corita 

On the day the verdict was to be announced, employers in Los Angeles were told to inform employees and many closed early.  In case of rioting, people wanted to pick up kids at school. get cash or food, and hunker down at home. 

I didn't realize it until recently, but Ford stopped making the Bronco because of it's connection to OJ and the murders!

@Tinkrbl44  Ford is bringing back the Bronco I believe 2021.