Honored Contributor

Re: No one is watching The Voice? No thread?

I used to watch it, but I lost interest. I just don't care for all of the banter that goes on.

Super Contributor

I have liked Sawyer from the beginning. There's something about him that brings me back to the days of Dylan.

As far as last night...I thought most of them were yelling and that's not pleasing to my ear. IMO there's a fine line between a powerful voice and yelling.

Valued Contributor

Depglass, I don't know his name but I believe someone from Traverse City is still on the show.
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/9/2015 Justina rae said:

I have liked Sawyer from the beginning. There's something about him that brings me back to the days of Dylan.

As far as last night...I thought most of them were yelling and that's not pleasing to my ear. IMO there's a fine line between a powerful voice and yelling.

Not only the yelling, but the lights and the loud background music are just too much! The lights are irritating and I lose sight of the singer. The music drowns out the singer and takes over...so annoying.

Trusted Contributor

Another vote for Sawyer - he's my favorite this year. Meghan is also good.

I always get a laugh out of Blake and Adam picking on each other, but they have cooled it a bit over the last week or so. Pharrell seems to be a very nice person, he has nice things to say to the contestants.

Honored Contributor

Nope ... really sick of the singing shows.

Honored Contributor

I watch online, that singer Sia that didn't show her face was creepy....

Super Contributor

On 4/10/2015 corita said:
On 4/9/2015 Justina rae said:

Not only the yelling, but the lights and the loud background music are just too much! The lights are irritating and I lose sight of the singer. The music drowns out the singer and takes over...so annoying.

Hi corita, And Hannah started off in the same way. {#emotions_dlg.blink} She is very talented as are so many of the others but geez...tone it down! I guess that's what the public likes.

Super Contributor

On 4/13/2015 SydneyH said:

Hi Sydney, I wasn't familiar with Sia until recently on one of the music awards shows. Supposedly she never shows her face. She sings "Chandelier" which is a really good song. Her videos are interesting and feature a very young dancer who appears on "Dance Moms" (I think that's the name of the reality show). There was apparently a big controversy about the video for "Elastic Heart" and how that young girl appeared in it with the actor Shia LeBoeuf.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/13/2015 Justina rae said:
On 4/13/2015 SydneyH said:

Hi Sydney, I wasn't familiar with Sia until recently on one of the music awards shows. Supposedly she never shows her face. She sings "Chandelier" which is a really good song. Her videos are interesting and feature a very young dancer who appears on "Dance Moms" (I think that's the name of the reality show). There was apparently a big controversy about the video for "Elastic Heart" and how that young girl appeared in it with the actor Shia LeBoeuf.

I think that young dancer is Maddie. Once in a while I watch Dance Moms just to see her dance. She is amazing - athletic and yet so graceful. Edited to add - I did not like her dance in the video.